Monday, October 22, 2018

Failed Boston Tour


This is the first time experience for me a failed tour after a month long plan. Since July we had been thinking of making a fall foliage tour during the first week of August. Though we didn’t get to Boston for seeing fall color, but the city tour was definitely in the plan. At least I was excited for a city tour. Mr. Man had already been in Boston. But it was about the first time for my son and mine.


 A few days before the trip I had been pondering over the Internet to make a good plan to visit Boston, Downtown, the city 200 years old, full of history, famous for Boston Tea Party movement. Moreover, in the era of the Internet I saw all the pictures of old buildings. The old historic buildings always attract me. The attraction is like the attraction of a honey bee towards flowers. I always long to go inside the those houses, and love to imagine the heydays of that very house. Though, rarely I can do the same.


So, I created a long list of the places to visit in Boston. The must visit was Boston Historic trail, and USS Constitution. Anyway, with beating heart, full of excitement we boarded the plane. Ours was an evening flight, and we reached Boston in the middle of the night. With the change of time zone, at least I couldn’t sleep at night. In the morning we were still half asleep. I just wanted to go to  the bed. However, we had already bought the bus tour ticket. So, without seeing other options we boarded the train to Boston Downtown. 


Boston was a brand new city to us, though Mr. Man went there long back. The map in the phone took us different places before the point of boarding. I was already exhausted, and the walking made me more. On the top of that, we had to wait in the queue for more than an hour. The buses were coming, but none of the tourist was willing to get down at that very point. At last we boarded a bus. 

Trinity Church


First, we decided to take round trip, then to get down at the chosen point. When I boarded the bus, I didn’t want to get down any of the points. Even when we reached USS Constitution, I didn’t get down.


Then at Boston Tea Party Museum, my son didn’t let go. So, we had to get down there. Mr. Man is just opposite, he doesn’t like a museum. So, he made me go with the kiddo inside the museum. Generally, I enjoy the guided tour, and enactment in museums. However, this time I could enjoy at all. I really feel claustrophobic. The museum employees acted very well, entertain the all the children, and showed us inside the replica of the ship, when was harbored 200 years ago at Boston Bay.


We all know that incident  has a great historic value, as the war for independence started from that very point. When we came out of the museum it was raining. We also didn’t have lunch, were starving. We had some snacks and came back to starting point of the tour, but a same tour bus. It was a very little walking form the starting point to the railway station , from where we would take the train to hotel. However, I was so tired, that I didn’t want to move myself by another inch. We boarded the last bus, so that we could reach the station. My kiddo persuaded me to walk, but I just couldn’t. 


Somehow I drag myself to the hotel, and went to bed. It was pretty failed tour. I didn’t saw almost nothing. Whatever I saw was, just from the running bus.



14 comments:

Fun60 said...

That is such a shame that you were too tired to enjoy the tour. Hope you feltbetter the next day after a good rest.

blooming home and garden said...

Beautiful pictures, wish you a lovely day,

Hugs, Ida

Nancy Chan said...

So sorry that the tour turned out badly. But you have taken great photos of the buildings.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely tour of Boston. I have never been to this pretty city. The buildings and water views are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your visit. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Kathy Leonia said...

i have never benn here...

Elena M said...

Great post dear! Photos are amazing!!!!

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

cool post my friend. seems to be an amazing place to visit.

NEW REVIEW POST | NEUTROGENA HYDRO BOOST FACIAL SERUM.
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

DIMI said...

What a beautiful place to visit!
Wonderful pictures from your tour!
Dimi...

rita said...

Pic so beautiful! thanks for sharing dear

Luana said...

it's a beautiful place, love the pics!
I want to visit this city!

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Kathy Leonia said...

have a good day:)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Krishna, I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy the tour. My husband has been there years ago and said it was a beautiful city. Maybe someday I will go..Thanks for your visit to me..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I visited Boston last year but it looks like you saw more than me. I love the photos you took of the city! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Sorry you were so tired! Looks like a beautiful place! You've been doing lots of traveling! Wow!

Post a Comment