Saturday, March 30, 2013

Deviled egg

It was an extremely hectic Saturday to me. Barely I got chance to sit for few moments. Since morning I was literally running. I woke up at 8 in the morning, and since then I was there until 12 o’clock. Suddenly hubby declared that something had come up and he had to leave within 1 o’clock. I knew that I couldn’t complete my job within 1 o’clock. So, we changed our plan a little bit. He decided to earlier to his destination, and I would go to library with our son little later. He had his lunch and went. My plan was to go to library after finishing my laundry. 



However, when I finished all my job, hubby dear called me up and asked me not to go library by bus, because he was almost reaching home. Then all three of us went to library. Mother-son duo read books for some times. Then we went to do grocery. While coming back I asked my hubby to drop at near-by Lucky. I wanted to buy some baking things. After coming back again I went to kitchen to make some evening snacks. It seemed that as soon as I was finishing on job another was coming up. At last I sat for some times, and my new ‘friend’ on FB came to chat with me. We chatted as if that we knew each other since childhood. I felt very elated. It was a nice chatting. Previously I thought of cooking something special for Easter. However, after the evening snacks I realized that I would be wise to cook Easter dinner on the next day. so I dropped that idea.
Do you know why I’m talking too much about my day? Actually I like to share the recipe my Easter special snacks with you.
Deviled egg
Ingredients:
8 hard boiled eggs
¼ lb ground chicken
2 tsp ginger paste
1 small onion finely chopped
enough bread crumbs to make tight dough
cheese (optional)
salt to taste
black pepper powder to taste
2tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
few small pieces of carrots (to make beaks)
few pieces of black olives (to make eyes)
oil spray

Method:
The chicks:
mix all the ingredients except eggs, olives, and carrots. Preheat the oven to 350 F. take a baking sheet. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray oil on the parchment paper. Divide the dough into small parts. Give a shape of small egg of each part. Make them stand on the parchment paper. Push the small pieces of carrots to make the beaks. Similarly put the small olive pieces to make the eyes of the chicks. Bake the meat balls for 30 minutes.
The deviled egg:
Cut eggs from the middle in zigzag manner to make two halves. Take the yolk out. You can keep them for future use. Now put a ‘chick’ on one half and put the other half on chick’s ‘head’. The deviled eggs are ready.

Happy Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment