Monday, July 1, 2019

Packing for a road trip



If you ask me what kind of travel you like? I’ll tell you road trip. First I can see beautiful roads. The second reason is I don’t need worry about luggage. Whatever I feel I can dump in trunk of the car. Although I’m saying that, but in reality I need some planning for any trip. 
One of my very good friend requested me to write about packing for a road trip. So, I’ve come up with these ideas.

Acadia National Park


Book the hotel:

I always try to book a hotel with complementary breakfast, and the room with microwave oven and refrigerator. If the hotel doesn’t provide complementary breakfast then I pack something for breakfast.


Plan for food:

My first and foremost objective is always keeping the budget low. I always try to cut the expense of food, because for a three days trip we need to eat at least 12 times out. If I accumulate the total expense it will be a big amount. I do few things to lower the expense.
  1. Bake one big cake (or muffins ) as a goto snacks for the trip.
  2. Pack some dry fruits and nuts, for the journey.
  3. Take a cooler to keep a bottle of milk, butter, boiled egg, few cold drink(if you like), and water.
  4. For breakfast I usually choose either bread-butter and boiled egg or oatmeal. As almost all the hotels provide coffee makers , so heating water in not a problem to make oatmeal.
  5. As we usually travel during the dat time, so eating home cooked food is not possible. Still, some time I cook few dish and carry in the cooler. Before we begin the day, I heat up in the microwave in the hotel. That I usually do rare, as keeping food fresh is a problem.
  6. For dinner, I carry a packet of rice, few canned vegetables, and microwave safe bowl. After coming back to the hotel after the day I put rice, canned veggies in the microwave, and add butter after the rice is done. By this way I save a lot.
  7. I also keep some paper plates.
My goto dinner


Plan for dresses:
  1. First I check the weather, keeping in mind that the temperature drastically differs from day and night in some places. I always keep jackets in the trunk, if anytime I need.
  2. I always travel with only the necessary clothes. 
  3. If I don’t have plan to go for any fancy dinner, I don’t carry any dresses and fancy shoes.
  4. I try to travel in snickers, which is comfortable as well as good for walking.
Singapore

Other essential Items:
  1. I sit down and think what I need since morning in everyday life, and make a list. As the day passes, and something pops up in mind I add those items in the list.
  2. Then I sit down and gather everything according to the list, and arrange in the suitcase. 
  3. I carry the list with me, so while coming back I can pack the things again according to the list, and can avoid keeping behind anything in the hotel.
  4. I usually don’t go in luxury vacations, so I don’t need much makeup with me.
  5. I always keep minimum makeup, sun screen, small body lotions, and all travel size toiletries.  
  6. For making travel size toiletries, I collect small bottles and jars to reuse them. If I cannot find any travel size bottle in stash I buy travel bottles or tubes, and fill them. That is another way of saving, rather buying travel size pack every time.  For road trips I can easily carry all the full size toiletries, but in case I forget to repack while coming back, then that can be a total waste. 
  7. If I have plan for hiking, I always carry hats, and sunglasses.
  8. I always carry a backpack, and keep little first aid articles likes Band-Aid, Neosporin. Also keep some over the counter medicine for pain, and heartburn.
  9. Also I keep wet hand-wipes, and water bottles. I usually carry reusable water bottles.


36 comments:

Mirtillo14 said...

Ottimi consigli pratici per viaggiare senza spendere una fortuna. Saluti.

Margaret D said...

Well that is good advice.
When we used to stay in Motels which are a little expensive sometimes they usually had a toaster so we could cook our toast in the morning and we always ate at the restaurant if they had one or we went our to dinner to one.

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

Nancy Chan said...

Singapore is a nice place to visit. Maybe your next trip will be Malaysia? Lol!

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

super interesting my friend

NEW REVIEW POST | HELLO CURLY HAIR!! :O
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Jeanie said...

This is a terrific post with lots of good tips, Krishna. I like road trips for the same reason. When you fly, every ounce matters, especially when you are hauling your own luggage but in a car, you have more flexibility. We take snacks/lunches, too. It saves money!

Thanks for popping by my post today!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Great revel plans. Road trips can be fun, easy planning makes the trip comfy. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs
Debbie

Kathy Leonia said...

i love trips:)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hello Krishna, all of these travel tips are very helpful when taking road trips. I like the tips about what to pack as far as food and clothes go. Thanks for this post. Hope you have a nice week. Julie xo

Luana said...

it's my dream to do a road trip!
nice tips! <3

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Elena M said...

Great post dear! Photos are amazing !

glamorous without the guilt said...

It seems you had so much fun there

would you like to follow each others blog :)

Have a nice day
Kinza Khushboo
Glamorous without the Guilt

ALLIE NYC said...

Yes, road trips are so invigorating, there is just something about them, the sense of adventure I guess. And despite the romantic side of it, one does have to plan!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Many good ideas for packing before going on a trip. I usually take ziplock bags with me too as I might like to put ice in something. Most hotels have a small fridge so we can keep sodas and water cool and blue ice in freezer section to keep it frozen. I wear makeup wherever I go. That's me! Coats a good thing to have, or sweatshirt. Never know when you will need one. Camera and charger goes with me too. Snacks are good to take as well. We will get ice cream on a trip too....just cuz. Usually drink water at dinner which makes cheaper than buying a drink. Enjoy your summer! Hopefully you're not close to the earthquakes in CA.

Evi Erlinda said...

I Love road trips too!
Thank you for sharing the ideas, especially for food plan and other items :)

Happy week end!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you sounds very prepared while traveling. Great tips and ideas. Thanks for sharing. Love the photos. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend!

Iwona said...

Great tips and ideas for packing :)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Wonderful travel tips! Sounds like you certainly see the world! : - )

Thank you for your visit today. Have a wonderful weekend.

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

Oh, I just love to travel and always ready to go somewhere) I have a clear list for preparation, which I use for many years.
http://www.recklessdiary.ru

shwet said...

Wao!! whatever you mention is really very helpful for the trip. Thanks for sharing.
New Post on My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

sounds awesome!

NEW OUTFIT POST | PLAYING WITH THE SUIT :O
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Very interesting post.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Betsy said...

I like the rice and veggies. Look so good. Great ideas and tips.

StyleOfLife said...

nice post, do you want to follow each other?

https://styleoflifet.blogspot.com/

StyleOfLife said...

what a nice post :)
do you like to follow each other?

https://styleoflifet.blogspot.com/

Nastya Deutsch said...

Thank you very much for these tips for the trip. It was very interesting and useful! I myself will soon go to the sea, and I will need to collect a suitcase ... Wow, how exciting it is!

MY NEW POST

Teresa said...

Me ha encantado tu forma de preparar un viaje. Besitos.

Bely Fashion said...

Great post dear. <3 I like this. :)
My new post: https://belyfashionadress.blogspot.com

Pink Rose said...

Hi Krishna love your tips for keeping your holiday low budget,hope you dont mind if i copy you ,i think they are great ideas xx

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

have a nice day, my friend

NEW MAN TO MAN POST | PERFECT SKIN CARE ROUTINE TO MODERN MEN!
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Jadieegosh said...

great post dear!! beautiful photos!! loved what you packed <£

Jadieegosh

eileeninmd said...

Great post! Enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Me again!! Just stopping in to thank you for your visit and kind comment!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Kathy Leonia said...

i love trips:)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Krishna, I love to hear how others get ready for a trip and what kinds of trips are liked. I love the road trip also. We haven't gone for awhile, but I love traveling in our motorhome. It is so convenient and comfortable. I know you could dry flowers and there are lots of different ways to do it. Mine seems to be, to me, the easiest, but probably not the prettiest..Thanks for your visit. Happy Monday..Judy

Post a Comment