Friday, June 14, 2019

Sikkim Diary 3



Tea tasting experience



We were scheduled to taste tea with them on our third day at Temi Tea Estate. I didn’t have any experience on tasting tea. When Mr. Man started his business (www.freshcarton.com)a year ago, he did many times, and shared his experience with me. This was the first I accompanied him. Tea itself is a vast subject, it needs time and study to learn.  While talking with them there, we came to know many things about tea. It was a great learning time for both us. It’ll take time for me at least to know more about tea.


Knowing the taste of tea needs practice and experience.  We met with Mr. N. Modha, who is a tea expert with extremely vast experience about tea. We were very fortunate to get chance tasting tea with him. He explained us very minutes points of tasting, and processing. I must say he explained many things to us in such a simple and lucid way made easy to grasp the subject in small time.  

Test of tea depends very much on the climate, the height of the garden, and the processing. The processing methods are all same, but the timing on each step  during the process is very important. The moisture content of the leaves play a pivotal role for the taste and the retention of taste and flavor  after packaging. 



It was great learning experience for both of us.After the tea tasting session, we has a simple yet satisfying lunch before heading to Darjeeling. 

I would love to go there again. 

25 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It was so awesome that you were able to go with your husband to learn about his business to do with the making of tea!

Nancy Chan said...

A wonderful outing and experience to be able to visit and see how they process the tea, and to taste the tea.
Have a happy weekend!

Kathy Leonia said...

wow it is so fantastic and interesting post;)

Carola Bartz said...

It sounds really interesting even though I am not tempted to taste tea. I'm just not a big tea lover.

Himawan Sant said...

Wow, this tea plantation article reminds tea plantations in my country.
It's nice to see the tea picking process and processing.

Margaret D said...

What a wonderful experience with the tea. So many different types and kinds of tea that I just go by what I like the taste of.

Luana said...

that's so nice! :D

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Evi Erlinda said...

So excited to learn about tea and tea tress ;)

white and vintage said...

I am not a teadrinker but your post is very interesting to read. Thanks for sharing!

Elena M said...

Wow, looks interesting! Fantastic post!
Kisses :)

The Liberty Belle said...

Sounds like a great opportunity to try something new and acquire new knowledge. Enjoy!

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

super interesting post :D

NEW REVIEW POST | FOREO LUNA PLAY PLUS – WORTH IT?!
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Jéssica Moura Blog said...

Hello how are you?
I loved your post that I found very interesting. I loved your blog is already following.

A super kiss

http://www.jessicamourablog.com/

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Very interesting post dear.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Betsy said...

How interesting a trip learning about the tea industry. My husband loves it. I like the mild tea like I get in the Chinese restaurant but I don't know what kind it is. I asked the lady server and she said it was Chinese tea. I mean, is that right? I thought maybe she would give me a name or type or something.
I also like purchasing the loose leaves better than the tea bags. Mom always used the tea leaves.
So good.
betsy

shwet said...

Skkim is like paradise . it's great to know so much about tea. All the best for your business.
New Post on My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

Home Chic Club said...

Interesting post dear! Have a great day! xoxo
Vesna - Home Chic Club

Angela said...

Sounds like a great experience! Wish I could learn more about tea! I love dark bold tea with milk or cream.

Kathy Leonia said...

really interesting and good post:)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Krishna, what an interesting post. There seems to be a lot to learn about tea. I didn't know that was your hubby's business. How nice that you can share it with him..Thanks for your visit, as always..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Shades Of Silvie said...

Lovely post, dear 😍

stevevhan said...

This is kinda cool! It's a good business to start in cool places. :)

Pilar said...

What a great opportunity to try something new!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

What a great experience. A great way to learn more about tea. thanks for sharing.

Teresa said...

Interesante. Besitos.

Post a Comment