Monday, May 15, 2017

Celebrating Mother's Day and eating out

First, I want to tell you Happy Mother’s Day to all Mom’s, though I’m way late to wish. Actually, yesterday when I tried to transfer the photos from my phone, for some unknown reason I couldn’t transfer them. So, I couldn’t upload yesterday. 


We all know that Mother’s Day was first started by Anna Jarvis 1908, and made an official US holiday in 1914. I grew up in India, so I was not familiar with Mother’s Day when I was little. Later , after I grew up and started my job, at that time communications became much more easier. On the top of that , globalization, and Internet made many things more easier than ever before. Then we all came to know about Mother’s Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and other US holidays. Currently, in the era of marketing all kind of celebrations , and festivals become an extravaganza. Anyway, some people argue that there is no need of Mother’s Day, everyday is mother’s day. 

However, that is not real. Moreover, what is the problem in making one day special for her?




It takes nine months to become a mother, but, motherhood is a lifelong journey. I’m now 40 years, still my mother thinks about me. So, all the mothers deserve a special day for her.
Today, father and son decided a little treat for me. In the morning my little one handed my one card. It was the best gift. Then ,later in the morning he sold a “newspaper”, called Mom’s Chronicle to his father by 1 cent.  He wrote many good words about me. He wrote that, I’m very good at mathematics. *smile* Then ,we went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. Though the restaurant is very near to our house, we have never been there before. The food was really good, we enjoyed the lunch a lot. I ordered for wan ton soup, and garlic chicken. Mr. Man ate lunch combo, and kiddo went for noodles. 

I chose to eat garlic chicken

Kiddo's favorite noodles


HE chose lunch combo


Then we decided to go to Barns and Nobles, as kiddo wanted a word search book for a long timer. The Old Navy was just beside Barns and Nobles, So, I decided to take peek there. While I was going through the summer dresses kiddo made a sweet rose from origami paper, kept inside the store. That was a nice gift from him. They really made the day special for me. 



22 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful post, Krishna. It is always so much fun to see how others celebrate each holiday. Those little handmade things from kids are the best presents of all, aren't they?
I love that book store and your food looks very, very good.
I am going to try to get your blog on my sidebar again. For some reason it wouldn't post through before. I read from my sidebar so if I am not here it is because I didn't know you had a post up. Hope you have a wonderful week-xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Hello Krishna, I am so happy you enjoyed your special Mother's Day. The card, newspaper and rose were all thoughtful gifts from your son. The food looks delicious. Have a nice week.

Chris Lally said...

So glad you had a wonderful day. My favorites? Mom's Gazette and the origami rose. Yours too, I'm sure.
Happy belated Mother's Day, Krishna.

Nancy Chan said...

So sweet of your kid to show his appreciation to you in his own simple ways and great of your man to take you out for a delicious meal. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Rajesh said...

Food looks yummy. Happy mothers day.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a nice Mother's Day you had! Love the little newspaper and the origami rose - so sweet. Chinese take-out is my favorite treat. Mothers work so hard all year, it is nice to celebrate one special day! xx Karen

Kathy Leonia said...

looks tasty:)

Annie's Journal said...

Such a special and nice family you have Krishna:) They know how to give you BIG joy:)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, happy belated Mother's Day! So glad you had a great day! The food looks yummy. I love the rose, that is a keeper!
Have a happy day!

Mac n' Janet said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, love that newspaper and your garlic chicken looks delicious.

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Great post.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I love how you spent Mother's Day, Krishna. Such a thoughtful son you have to make a pretty newspaper article and sweet rose for you. Your dinner out sure looks delicious! Have a wonderful week ahead. ♥

Melissa said...

Looks like you had a lovely celebration! I enjoyed your post very much. Happy Mother's Day.

Prims By The Water said...

What a nice memory of Mother's Day to have your own Gazette and flower! I so love Chinese food and yours looked yummy! Looks like you had a nice Mother's Day! Janice

JoJo said...

That food looks sooooo good! Sounds like you had a lovely day!

handmade by amalia said...

A lovely post, Krishna, and delicious food. Glad you had such a wonderful mother's day.
Amalia
xo

TheNotSoGirlyGirl said...

That food made me hungry! Yumms :) looks like you had a cool Mother's Day :D


TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Krishna, I'm so glad you had a Happy Mother's Day. Your son's gift is so cute and thoughtful. Right now my mouth is watering over your Chinese food. I haven't had some in awhile and I love it..Thank you for your sweet visit..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

Sweet Lily said...

Awesome!

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

The food looks delicious:)
kisses

Julie said...

Hello Krishna, what beautiful handmade gifts from your son. Just delightful. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day. Your meals looked so yummy. Have a lovely weekend, Julie xx

RaeAbigael said...

The food looks delish and it sounds like you really had a great and wonderful fun that day! :))

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net/

Post a Comment