Thursday, December 13, 2018

Rosemary Chicken Curry



What a day I spent, yesterday! The day was started as usual. I woke up at usual time. I did the morning chores, except cooking, because I had a doctor’s appointment in the morning, and I didn’t want to have strong cooking smell all over me. My plan was to go some shopping after the appointment. I went to doctor , she told me every thing is fine and normal. I was relaxed and on my way towards Target supermarket. At that time the problem started. I found that my car indicating that it had only 80 miles fuel. That was fine, I was not going far. Then a big truck came in front of me, and I missed the signal where I supposed to take right. I thought, no problem, I would go all the way round on my usual route. I was on my way to Target, and in that particular target I never drove by myself. 




I had a very good (no, very bad ) quality, I can’t remember any route, even I go on the route thousands of time, unless I drive all by myself. So, I couldn’t find the route. I drove and drove, and came to point where first time I missed the signal for the very first time. The clock was running fast, and I had lots of chores to finish at home, so I came back. I decided to go shopping after finishing every thing. I finished all chores including cooking and little bit gardening, and again went out at 1:30. Same route, same every thing, again I couldn’t find the supermarket. I was watching on the righthand side, but nothing was there. Then I went inside a parking area, took out the phone, and searched in the map. Ah!!! With my “intelligent” mind I never thought about taking the left, when the shopping complex was on the left hand side. Anyway, this time successfully I went there, and did my shopping. Then again every thing was all right. No, that was utterly wrong. A series of happenings were to occur . Next, I was taking my son to Kung Fu class. I tied my shoes, he remembered his Kung Fu stick. I took off my shoes ,went inside to take the stick. Again I tied my shoes, I saw the back door was opened. I took off shoes went inside and closed the door. Then I started the car, I remembered I didn’t take my son’s water bottle. I let it go, as I had some water bottles in the car trunk. I had been driving, when I about to reach his class, I remembered I didn’t my mobile phone. Phew!!! Then took my son to swimming class, where I missed one parking area. My son reminded me. Thankfully there was no car behind me , so reverse my car and parked there. Then I got a severe headache. Somehow I managed to drive back home. 
Ohh!! Lots of jabbering, huh? Now it is the  time for a recipe.


One boneless chicken breast
One small onion
Two teaspoon of garlic pawner (or 3-4 cloves of garlic)
One tsp. ginger paste
Four table spoon freshly pasted tomato
Two sprig of fresh rosemary
Pinch of turmeric
Salt to taste
Two tbsp. of oil


Cut the chicken breast into cubes. Marinate with salt about half an hour. Take a deep heavy bottom frying pan. Finely chop the onion.  Finely chop the garlic cloves. Heat two table spoon of oil in medium. Add onion and garlic. Fry for few minutes, keeping the heat in medium. Add ginger paste and sauté about 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, give a good stir, and cover the pan with a lid. Let it cook, until the water in it dried up. Add the chicken pieces, and mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook stirring occasionally. When water almost dries up, add two to three cups of water , salt, turmeric powder, rosemary sprigs, and until chicken pieces are tender. Increase the heat, and cook until the gravy reaches the desired consistency. Serve hot with steaming rice. 








6 comments:

JoJo said...

Wow that was quite a day! I left for my doc appt 45 minutes early today and encountered road constructions traffic, and then there was an accident and that traffic was all backed up because only one lane was open. I made it through the door right at 8:45 when I would've probably been there by 8:20.

krishna said...

oh!! that means you also had an eventful morning.. hope everything is fine with you..

Nancy Chan said...

I do experienced days like yours too. Love the look of your chicken curry.

Hindustanka said...

Looks nice and yummy Krishna. Take care on the days like that :))) Have a happy day!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Excellent post (as always)!

The Charm of Home said...

That looks delicious!

Post a Comment