Friday, January 22, 2016

Green pasta

My son wanted to eat spaghetti for dinner one night. When I opened my refrigerator, I found out that I didn't have any tomato, or any garlic in my storage. However, I had a bagful of spinach. So, I decided to use the spinach instead of tomato. It was just an experiment, but the dish turned out delicious.
Here is the recipe:
One bag spinach (Which will be approximate two cups of boiled spinach)
One tsp. garlic powder
One green capsicum
Dry Spaghetti for three
One-fourth tsp. dried oregano
One-fourth tsp. dried basil
One-fourth tsp. dried cilantro
Salt to taste
One tbsp. olive oil
Boil Spinach with little salt in a heavy bottomed wok covering. If you need, add a little water. Make a paste of the boiled spinach with garlic powder.Don’t add too much water, otherwise the paste will be runny. Cut the capsicum into small slices, discarding the seed part. Boiled the spaghetti, according to the instruction, written on the package. 


Heat oil in a frying pan on medium. Add basil, oregano, and cilantro in oil. When fine aroma starts coming, add the capsicum slices, and fry for few minutes. Add little bit salt into the capsicum. Cook capsicum for few minutes, until a little bit tender , but crunchy. Add the spinach paste, and mix well. When the spinach start spluttering, add the boiled spaghetti, and mix very well. Serve hot. 



1 comment:

Rajesh said...

That looks delicious.

Post a Comment