Friday, January 11, 2013

Apple-cranberry pork chops


On 24th December last year, my hubby ardently wanted to dine out. I told him that, almost every store was going to be closed, so I would cook at home. Then he wanted to take at least one dish from restaurant. So he went in the evening. As usual, all the restaurants were close. As he could nothing, he went to Trader Joe’s. Thankfully that store was open. I wasn’t with him. So, he utilized his total freedom and came home with two bottles of wine and a packet of pork chops. I had never cook pork chops before. Anyway few days before I watched a recipe of pork chops on Paula Dean’s show in Food channel. However, when we actually wanted to cook the pork chops I found that I totally forgot the recipe. I searched on the Internet, but couldn’t find. So, from my obscured memory I cooked the pork chops, which turned out good.



Ingredients:6 pork chops

1 apple

1 medium sized onion

½ dried cranberry

pinch of dried oregano

pinch of salt

1 ½ tbsp brown sugar ( I used normal white sugar)

1 tbsp butter/oil ( I used olive oil)

Method:


Marinate the chops overnight with salt and oregano in the refrigerator. Before cooking, take out the pork chops from refrigerator and keep aside. Peel the apple, and cut into cube.  Cut the onion into cube. Heat one tablespoon of oil, add apple cubes, onion, cranberry, and a pinch of salt. Cook for few minutes, add the sugar. Stir constantly, and let the sugar caramelized. Add ½ cup water cook until all the ingredients becomes soft. When the water almost dries up add the pork chops. Insert the pork chops under the gravy. Make sure to keep the gravy always over the chops. Cook for 6-7 minutes. Flip the chops and cook for another 6-7 minutes. The chops are done. Serve with mashed potato.


No comments:

Post a Comment