Friday, November 9, 2018

Visit to Bar Harbor

The clock was ticking twelve in the middle of the day, and we were in the middle of Acadia Forest. I was not that much hungry, as I was still very much engrossed with the fall color, and beauty of the forest. However, skipping lunch is not good for health. So we decided to have lunch at Bar Harbor.

Searching for restaurant


Mr.Man was very much interested visiting Bar Harbor. Actually he visited Bar Harbor back in 2005, when Hurricane Katerina hit the East coast. He was telling me the stories about his experience, how they drove in torrential rain from Hartford to Maine. He was reminiscing the moments of deserted Bar Harbor at that time.  We walked down the busy streets full with tourists from different part of the country and the world. He was telling me how this stunning coastal town was very different when he visited.


Anyway, we first wanted to eat. Mr. Kiddo was super excited to have some lobster. His father told him story about eating enormous lobster in Maine on his first visit. So, junior didn’t want to let his chance go. I’m not that much foodie. I was just trying to take peek everywhere and to find some history.  Once the town inhabited by wealthy people, who made many magnificent cottages. I think currently all those cottages are converted into many beautiful boutique shops , and hotels. 


We walked along the gorgeous downtown in search of the good restaurant to eat. Though all the restaurants seemed good to me, but the problem was to get place. As it was lunchtime all the restaurants , all of them were overflowing with hungry people. We went inside one, but the waiting time we found more than one hour. Again we started walking. In the mean time junior started getting cranky, and the senior started getting angry, as their stomachs wanted something lip smacking. I was nonchalant. My main interest was to visit the as many as points, regardless how minor they are.



They suddenly we saw one place, where every one was taking picture. That was a very unusual place. The facade was that, one cab had been emerging from the wall. We thought that was a museum, but not. 

The story is coming in my next post.



Anyway, after having lunch in Route 66 restaurant, we walked towards the coast to take stroll there. The coast has the power to slow you down with her captivating beauty. You just cannot pass by without noticing the deep blue water with small ripples. You can spend time just by seeing the kayaking, and numerous lobster boats. 


We took a stroll before have ice cream. If you are great shopper then Bar Harbor is haven for you. You can get from gorgeous home decor to stunning dresses and jewelries. I’m not a shopper, I only love to see. 
It was almost evening. After having ice cream we headed to Bass Harbor light house.


20 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Gülşah Sönmez said...

Great post dear!You have a nice blog.
I follow you can you follow me back?
I will appreciate that so much.
www.guzelvekulturlu.com
Kisses

DIMI said...

Such a lovely place to visit!
Beautiful pictures! Have a nice weekend!
Dimi...

Fictitious Fashion said...

Wonderful pictures!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my last post.

Maybe you can find time to read my new post: Diwali 2018: Something Special

Much Love
Akanksha
Fictitious Fashion

Teresa said...

Interesante reportaje. Saludos.

Lisa said...

Bar Harbor is such a beautiful place!! I love it there!! It's been a few years since I visited, but it's so peaceful and gorgeous!! Your pictures are stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

Carola Bartz said...

I by far prefer Bass Harbor Lighthouse over Bar Harbor. I found the town way too touristy. We went there and only had a good lunch before we headed back into Acadia. Much nicer.

Luana said...

wow! so beautiful pics! so cute place!

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Pixel Peeper said...

My daughter-in-law is from Maine, so I know all about people eating a lot of lobster there! I would love to stroll through this town, too, just walking and taking pictures. I'm not much of a shopper, either.

Nancy Chan said...

A beautiful place to visit. Great pictures.

Kathy Leonia said...

so perfect place:)

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

seems to be an amazing place my dear :)

NEW COOKING POST | WONDERFUL RECIPES CAME BACK!!
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Anna said...

Thank you for inviting us along! I like the look of the lobster place. I would not mind a trip there myself! Anna x

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Has sabido enlazar la historia, con muy buenas imágenes. El lugar que describes, es muy hermoso.

Elena M said...

Great post dear, so nice and interesting, love it!

Anonymous said...

Nice place and photos :)
My Fifty Shades Fashion Blog
My Instagram

Milentry said...

Świetny post ! :)
obserwuje i zapraszam do mnie
https://milentry-blog.blogspot.com

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I never been there to visit and it looks like such a nice place to see. Thanks for sharing about your trip there. I can't wait to read more about your trip. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Such a beautiful area!

Post a Comment