Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Visit to Acadia National Park

The night before somehow, I couldn’t sleep. I supposed to get up early in the morning. To avoid crowd inside the park ,our plan was to start early. Anyway, we tried to start as soon as possible.


The weather was very sunny and warm. Though I took our jackets with us, we didn’t need those. Anyway, leaving the towns we started driving along the freeway. The both sides of the freeway were full of big trees, where fall just had started to come.



Gradually we entered narrow mountain road towards the national park. Among the pine, beech, birch, maple, pines trees we could seed  beautiful cottages. We passed the time admiring those cottages , and imagining our life there. We first went to the visitor center, the parking lot were not full, which gave us hope of less crowd. And the park was not much crowded indeed. Getting less crowd at any famous tourist spot is difficult. As the bus service inside the park  was already stopped, we set out in our car. Taking the car gave a much time to drive around, as we didn’t need to wait for the bus to go one spot to another.


We took the map from the visitor center, and followed the Ocean Highway. Our plan was to take a round trip around the park. Hiking was out of question, as we had only one day in our hand to visit the whole place. The nice warm and sunny day made it easier to explore all the nooks and corners of park full of hidden beautiful treasures for the nature lovers. It was a great experience  to driving on the winding mountain road with big granite rocks and trees, and on the other side the great Atlantic ocean. As soon as we started driving, the beautiful view of the ocean forced us to stop and take good look toward the horizon. The bright sun was shinning on the great blue rippling water which was splashing on the big rocks. At distant we could see few bungalows amid thickets. A big cruise ship came in our view.

 
Again we started driving. Mr. Man gave me the map, and I’m the person to whom rocket science is easier than reading a map. (really?) As usual, I made some mistakes, but fortunately we were on right route. Then he stopped relying on me. We were driving, and suddenly on lake came in our view. Again we couldn’t resist, but stopped there to take good look. Luckily, few spots were left to stop. I couldn’t find the name of the lake. 
That was a deep blue lake was residing with big mountains all around. The bright sunlight of the mid morning was shinning brightly, making million of inkling little stars on the water which were dancing ,as the gentle wind making small ripple on the calm water. I got down from car, and almost ran toward the like little child who found some treasures. I sat down on the stone beside the lake, and took deep breath of fresh air. Then I gazed to the crystal clear water, and saw tiny fish were swimming. I don’t know wether those were tiny fish or tadpole.


Mr. Man signaled me to come, as we had a lot of places to visit before heading to Bar Harbor. Again we stopped at… After a little hike, down the huge rocks we reached the Atlantic ocean. I always have great fear of falling down. So, climbing up I have no problem, but climbing down is always difficult for me. However, I couldn’t resist myself, and hiked down the rocks to reach the Atlantic Ocean. 



Then we came back to the car and again and drove towards the Thunder Hole. Again that was a little hike over the big rocks to reach the Atlantic Ocean. Thunder Hole was the last stop we got down to reach the ocean. Before that we stopped another two times. One point we could get the parking so drove forward. However, the spot we stopped we got the splendid view of the ocean. 


It was almost lunch time, and we decided to got to Bar Harbor, our next stop.


Next is coming our Bar Harbor visit.


17 comments:

Luana said...

beautiful place! so peaceful!

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful scenes and photos of Arcadia Nat'l Park. The fall colors are pretty. I have been there years the views are lovely. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day! Have a great weekend!

csuhpat1 said...

Very lovely photos. I want to visit there. Thanks for sharing. Here is my latest: https://csuhpat1.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-power-of-protest.html

white and vintage said...

Such a wonderful landscape. I love it!

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful views from your visits, stops, and hikes to the Ocean. I too struggled when descending.

Shelbee on the Edge said...

Such beautiful photos. They took me way back a decade ago when I visited Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. There is so much beauty and calm there. I would love to get back there one day. Thanks for sharing your experience and for igniting my memories!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Wow that is gorgeous! It's a place I'd love to visit. Thanks for stopping over and saying "hi"!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It’s so pretty there and I enjoyed looking at your photos. Have a nice weekend

Kathy Leonia said...

wow i enjoy those photos;)

Peabea Scribbles said...

Beautifu, beautiful scenery photos. So glad you visited Pictorial Tuesday at Peabea Scribbles so I could come enjoy your blog. I've been to Southwest coast of the Atlantic but had never heard of Acadia National Park so was nice to take a journey there through your photography. :)

Sanandita said...

Your travel post almost took me to the place I have never been! So realistic :)

Elena M said...

Great post dear! Photos are amazing !

Teresa said...

Se ve todo precioso. Un beso.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures!! It's such a beautiful National Park!! I kayaked there a few years ago!! It's so picturesque and amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Stephanie said...

Hello, my sweet friend! I so enjoyed catching up with you and seeing your amazing pictures. Wow, you have been to some beautiful places. Thank you for sharing them with us through your blog.

And many thanks for the wonderful comments you leave on my blog. How I love hearing from you! Enjoy our week! Hugs!

Pixel Peeper said...

You wrote a beautiful post and showed us some beautiful pictures!

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly stunning! Big Hugs!

Post a Comment