Saturday, November 3, 2018

Driving from Portsmouth to Verona Island

After driving around Portsmouth we reached our hotel,Exeter Inn, in Exeter, near Philip Exeter academy. That old building from outside was exotic, but the rooms were extremely small. Anyway, it was fine for one night, though we couldn’t sleep.


Next morning we tried to start early, but we couldn’t. We started around 11. The day before I almost took pictures of every house on our way, as all of them were very beautiful to me. So, instead of doing that I kept my camera down, and watching the beauties of all the old houses on our way to Maine. Soon we left behind the town, and started driving on highway. 


On that beautiful sunny day, we decided to cover a good amount of distance in the morning, before taking a break. However, we felt hungry, and we decided to stop near a beautiful creek. It was mid morning, the weather was still not warm. The bright sunlight from the clear blue sky made the blue water brighter. Anyway, after grabbing some breakfast , and coffee we started that day’s journey.


As we started, the unending rows of different colored gorgeous trees came in our sight, which marveled us. The beauty of this part of the USA is get chance to see rivers, bays, creeks, and other waterbodies every now and then. Those waterbodies reminded me all the movies I watched before, based on Maine. 


When I watched all those movies, specially related to lobster catching,I always longed to come to Maine to watch lobster catching. I’m not a lobster lover, as I’ve seafood allergy, only I can eat little bit of shrimp. Mr. Man, who is a great foodie, is a lobster lover. Anyway, while coming to Maine, I was just wishing for getting some glimpse of the very act lobster catching. But, I think to watch lobster catching I have to contact with lobster farm, to get a permission from any of them to watch. While driving through road, I couldn’t  see any such thing.

 
Anyway, in the late afternoon we reached Verona Island. We booked a farmhouse through Airbnb. I’ve never in a farm house. I was pretty excited to reached there. First we lost the road. After calling the owner, we could find out the way. It was a small narrow lane, with dense trees. It first looked like a forest. But it was not. That was beautiful neighborhood, with little houses, trees, and lovely sights.


We reached the farm, the owner greeted us with a cheerful smile. Though we were very tired Mr. Man and I decided to take stroll around the farm, only on the permitted area.  
The story of the farm is coming in next post. 


28 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Krishna,
You really have been exploring the NorthEast and with its beautiful fall colors!
There are always tons of things to do and still so many things we cannot see, due to lack of time or access.
Thank you for sharing with your readers.
Hugs,
Mariette

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful view of the rivers, creeks and autumn colours. Looking forward to your farm house post.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful photos from your trip. The trees and colors are gorgeous. My hubby loves lobster. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks also for leaving a comment on my post.

Kathy Leonia said...

so stunning landscapes;)

Pixel Peeper said...

I love all the fall colors in your pictures from the last few posts! Sometimes I miss living up north and seeing the leaves change. But then I think of the winters and come to my senses again, hahaha.

Luana said...

very beautiful pics! <3
I like to start the day very early when I'm traveling... but sometimes we need to rest more! :p

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

amazing views my friend :)

NEW OUTFIT POST | COUNTDOWN.
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Beautiful pictures and great post.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Margaret D said...

How lovely to read about your travels.
Lovely photos and there is some in taking the wrong road :)

Margarita Bloom said...

Ahh, I just love all the trees!! So pretty! Sounds like you're having so much fun exploring...thanks for stopping by my blog!! Glad to meet you!

Regina/ Margarita Bloom Beauty & Fashion
WEBSITE: http://www.margarita-bloom.com
BLOG: http://www.cherrylipsblondecurls.com

Margaret D said...

Forgot to mention - You are on my blog list but it never updates your posts for some reason...wonder if you know why! Been like that for months..

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

have a nice day my dear :)

NEW REVIEW POST | L’ORÉAL TRUE MATCH: FOR A COMPLETELY NATURAL SKIN.
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Gorgeous pictures, it looks like a lot of fun was had :) Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Hope you have a great week :) x

Mirtillo14 said...

Che luoghi bellissimi che hai potuto visitare !! Piacerebbe anche a me un viaggio così. Saluti.

blooming home and garden said...

It must have been a nice trip,
Beautiful nature pics,

Ida

shwet said...

Seems you had great journey till farm! and you captured really good pictures. Awaiting for your next post.And Happy Diwali :)
My New Post | Instagram | Bloglovin

Ivana Split said...

Beautiful Autumn pics. It seems you had a nice drive...and being greeted by a hospitable host is always good.

https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

Home Chic Club said...

Looks really beautiful, photos are amazing! xoxo
Vesna - Home Chic Club

Kathy Leonia said...

have a good day:)

Beauty Unearthly said...

Great photos and amazing place!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Krishna,
Just as Margaret-whiteangel mentioned here above, on my sideline your blog is showing a post from 7 months ago...
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Esos árboles muestran unos maravillosos colores, es la prueba evidente de que estas fotografías se han realizado e otoño.

Gracias por su visita y comentario en mi blog.

rita said...

Beautiful pic, dear!

Have a nice day

Marianela Beauty Tips said...

Hi Krishna! I´m sure that you had a great time!
I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

ccc said...

ohh this looks so lovely :D

https://alafolie-toinsanity.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

All your pics look amazing.
Sometimes all you need is a cool drive
with people you like.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Cynthia said...

Your son is getting tall! Sweet picture of him and his dad. I had to laugh at you taking pictures of every house along the way -- that's me,too!

Magic Love Crow said...

So much driving, but so worth it! Wow!

Post a Comment