Monday, November 12, 2018

Route 66 resturant

In my previous post I wrote that we found out a very unusual place. The place was inside a small alley. I saw from across the street that a model of a car that seemed to be emerging by the borealis the wall on the top of a door. First thing came in my mind was museum. I wanted to visit there. Then I saw the word, “Restaurant.” We couldn’t figured out whether it was restaurant or museum. I sent Mr. Man to enquire. He went inside , and came out within second, and told me that was a museum, and he had no will to visit. But I was skeptical. I wanted to go inside again. 
Wow! What I saw inside really looked like a museum, but it was a restaurant. A real restaurant, where people were eating delicious dishes. 






All the walls of the restaurant were full memorabilia, artifacts, small to big collectibles. I’ve never seen such a place in my lifetime. From models airplanes, vintage model cars, old typewriters, old advertisements, party dress, and many more was on display. It was so overwhelming to me that I forgot order my food.
The restaurant had a little history behind it. The previous restaurant was destroyed in a fire. After that the then owner wanted to build a restaurant with theme. He bought the old couch building on east Vassalboro, Maine, and transported various parts to Bar Harbor to build the current restaurant. Then he collected all those memorabilia and put inside the restaurants. So, it looks like a museum. As the restaurant was built with parts of old church, so beautiful stained glass windows could be seen in various parts of the restaurant. 

 

Junior wanted to east boiled lobster like his dad. However, we told him not to take whole lobster, as it would be difficult for him to eat. He went for lobster roll, a popular dish in Maine. I had soup, so I took least time finish my plate. 


Mr. Man stole the show. Armed with forks, pliers, and other equipments he started eating the giant red lobster. He is the very much into all those exotic food. He took most of time to finish his plate. He enjoyed his food, and we enjoyed to watch his eating. Isn’t the crazy?


Anyway, after having filled our stomach we headed towards the harbor, to take a stroll. It was bright sunny day. It was a beautiful to watch the people are canoeing in the bright blue ocean, busking in the soft sun. 

After strolling around we decided to go the Bass Harbor to see the still functioning light house before going back to the farm.


14 comments:

Derya said...

Great post. Thanks for your visit. Have a nice day 😊

DIMI said...

Wow! A lovely place to have a lobster for lunch!
Wonderful pictures!
Dimi...

Betsy said...

I love lobster. That would have been my meal I love clam chowder also. This looks like such a neat restaurant. I need to get to Maine.
I feel for all of those affected by the horrible fires in California. Just so terrible and I am sure it must not be good to be outside because of the air quality. Devastating, sad.
betsy

Nancy Chan said...

This is a very unique restaurant and I would love to eat in one and enjoy taking photos. This was a happy visit, meal and stroll for the whole family.

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

wooow, the decor is amazing :D

NEW REVIEW POST | ENDED MY PROBLEMS WITH EYEBROWS!!
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Beautiful local and delicious food.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Jointy&Croissanty said...

Absolutely amazing place! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Leonia said...

omom all looks so jummy

doodles n daydreams said...

What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. I think that restaurant looked like a lot of fun, no wonder you forgot to order your food.
Diana

Luana said...

I love places like that! I'm very fan of nice decor!

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Elena M said...

Great post dear, so nice and interesting, love it!

Cynthia said...

What fun! I love all the old memorabilia and could spend a lot of time looking at it all. That is the reddest lobster I ever saw. I bet it was delicious.

Debbie said...

a lobster that size takes a lot of time to eat and enjoy properly. when in maine....you must eat lobster!!

the restaurant looks so fun!!

Magic Love Crow said...

So cool and the food looks so good!

Post a Comment