Tuesday, February 20, 2018

My Smash journal

I always love to keep memories. My son also has gotten that from me. Every time when we visit somewhere, he asks me what I'm taking from there as a keepsake. Though, I always buy a fridge magnet, but something I always want to keep only for me, just to go through them in my spare time,not to share, just for me. That's why I always keep the tickets, maps,boarding pass.Since childhood I'm keeping this hobby. First I've just kept them in a box, then I decided to glue them in a handmade journal.

Sometimes I cut from magazine and make collages, that is very therapeutic to me.

 




My son has a great affinity to aviation.

Whether I would call it smash journal, or junk journal, or travel journal or something else I don't know. Actually, this journal is a mishmash of all. Some time when I'm in crafting mood, but no projects are in hand, I usually open this book, and add something to quench my crafting thirst. 

Our Seattle visit in 2014
The whale watching was the most exciting event during our Seattle visit.




It was a great dance in Vegas. 
Our visit to New York back in 2011
We went to Disneyland to celebrate our son's 4th birthday.
Another museum visit


I usually keep cuttings form various advertisements, booklets come in the letter box. I sit down with the cutting, try to think about some collage and make the pages. Sometime as soon as I see some pictures ideas pop into mind. I try to do at that moment, but when I think of doing another time, I end up forgetting that very idea. I'm very much moody about about my craft. Last year I did many pages in my junk/smash journal, but this year I yet to add a single page in that very journal. 

When we went to visit Sausalito, my son was desperate to ride "boat". Though we had nothing to in SFO, still we took the ferry to Fisherman's wharf, and came back on the very next ferry. 

Our last vacation to Carmel.

31 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

What a unique and creative journal!

Stephanie said...

What a fun and creative journal, my friend. I simply love it!

Hugs to you!

Bee Lady said...

I just asked someone a couple of days ago what the difference is between a smash journal, a junk journal, and a travel journal. She said nothing! I am just getting started doing this, although I have saved those kinds of things forever and did do scrapbooking for awhile. I like your travel journal (that's what I'm calling it) and I like the way you can add pages to it to make it as big as you want. Maybe you're just ready to start a new one. New year, new journal!

Cindy

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Un ensemble très précieux... Je trouve votre idée fantastique !

Gros bisous 🌸

Kathy Leonia said...

it looks so creative:)

Gosia said...

I love fridge magnet too

Nancy Chan said...

This is a very interesting and special hobby! Its a great idea to keep these things for sweet memories!

mamasmercantile said...

Such a lovely way of storing maps, tickets and guides, in such a creative way.

Polly said...

I like your journals. I like to keep tickets, maps, boarding passes, menus, I put them in with my photos in albums. I also buy fridge magnets from wherever I visit, a lot of them have faded now though which is sad as I will probably never re-visit those places.

Mac n' Janet said...

What a wonderful way to save your memories.

La Table De Nana said...

Perfect! Never stop..never lose..:)

blooming home and garden said...

So lovely, what a great memory book!

Have a nice day,
Ida

Nieprujsietak said...

Piękny dziennik.Super pamiątka .Serdecznie pozdrawiam.

Jeanie said...

Such fun, Krishna. A wonderful way to track your memories, colorful and filled with joy.

Terra said...

Your journal is bright and full of colors and happy memories. You could call it your mishmash journal. I keep a daily journal of words. Yours is so upbeat.

Lisa said...

Your journal is fabulous!! What a wonderful way to document your trips!! I always save things from trips, too, but my follow-through is horrible!! It's all in boxes, just waiting for me to do something with it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Beautiful Jornal!

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

KRishna, what a wonderful idea. Such fun to look back at great memories. I wish I had thought of that long ago. Wonderful memories to leave for the children..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Prims By The Water said...

What an awesome idea! Would be fun to flip through the pages later on to see all that you did. Janice

JoJo said...

I love what you've done w/ the stuff! I usually put most everything in scrapbooks. Or if I've had the photos processed for a photoalbum I will put all the ticket stubs and stickers in that. I always get a fridge magnet and a shot glass if possible. And postcards.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Very nice memory keeping journals! What fun you have when you look back on all of your lovely work! ♥

Sakuranko said...

Oh this is so cute
xx

diane b said...

They are super journal pages. I do that when I have been on a trip but what fun you are having whenever you pick up the book.

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

It looks beautiful:) wonderful idea full of memories:*

handmade by amalia said...

I love your journal. I also like keeping bits of paper, for their sentimental value or nice graphics but I'm trying not to drown in paper :-)
Amalia
xo

rita said...

Great dear
Very sweet

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

What a fun craft. I used to keep scrapbooks when I was growing up. I still have them. I like to collect a few things too and magnets are nice and mugs. Photos too! Cheaper! Glad your son likes to collect too. Happy week!

Luana said...

love it! very nice! <3

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Magic Love Crow said...

What a fun idea! Such a great keepsake! Looks fantastic! Big Hugs!

betty-NZ said...

What a great idea and awesome collection!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Beautiful work and fun memories! I also like keeping scrapbooks of special memories

Post a Comment