Thursday, February 22, 2018

Baked Trout

That was a lazy weekend. The weather was not at all in our favor, rather it was very deceptive. From inside it looked so sunny that we tempted to take a stroll in the backyard. However, on contrary the chilly wind forced us to go back indoor. Anyway, I understood that it was a best weather to snick under a blanket with a book. While I was reading a mystery book, Mr. Man started watching a documentary on TV. Some time I was also taking a glance to the TV while reading the book. The documentary was very interesting.

 


I know, you are already raising your eyebrow that, why I’m jabbering so much instead of writing the recipe. I’ve to give you the prologue, why I suddenly baked fish for diner, when I was not in the mood of cook dinner on the lazy weekend. 

Anyway, the documentary was about the adventure of two youths who hail from Canada  decided to cover more two thousand kilometers on a small boat in the River Ganga,in India. Their plan was to start from Delhi, capital of India. They started rowing from River Yamuna, then they reached Ganges, they covered all the three states of India, and ended their journey in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The documentary was really worth watching. Two youth without any knowledge just plunged into an adventure, where they could face any kind of adverse situation. After overcoming many difficulties , thanks to all the villagers along the River Ganga who helped them a lot.  The poor villagers, who struggle to survive everyday, helping them without taking any money, as those youths were in distress.That was so innocent and beautiful, where language was not a barrier. Anyway, after overcoming all the difficulties , when they reach Bengal, the villagers feed them fish and rice almost everyday. When I saw that, I started craving for fish, Mr. Man also felt the same. The weather didn’t create any interest in me to go out of the house to buy fish. However, he was overexcited ,and rushed to store to buy fish. Cooking Bengali fish takes a lot of time, and on the top that it’ll smell a lot inside the home. In that cold weather it was impossible to open the windows and doors to get rid of smell. So, we decided to go baking the fish.

I usually bake either whole pompano or whole pomfret. This time I tried with trout. It tasted heavenly . Here is my recipe
Ingredients:
One whole trout fish (cut and  clean)
One big lemon
Garlic powder
Two fresh rosemary spring (approximately 4 inch)
One fresh dill sprig (approximately 3 inch ) 
Dry Oregano
Oil spray 
Salt to taste


Clean the fish very well. Sprinkle salt inside and outside. Cut the lemon into thin circular pieces. Take a baking tray big enough to hold the whole fish. Place an aluminum foil according to the size of the fish on the baking tray. Spray oil very well on the foil piece. Sprinkle garlic powder, and dry oregano. Place the fish on the top of that. Inside the fish place all the lemon slices, rosemary sprigs, and dill. On the top again spray oil. Then sprinkle garlic powder, and dry oregano. Marinate the fish for half an hour. Preheat the oven at 350 degree F. Bake the fish for half an hour. 

Flipping the fish was quite challenging. I cut another same size aluminum foil,then covered the fish. Sealed all the sides by folding the sides of two foils together. Then flipped quickly. Then took out the foil piece from the top. 

Bake for another fifteen minutes. Serve with salad. I used store bought spring mix, which contains bay spinach, arugula, baby kale, and chard.  
   

25 comments:

JoJo said...

Sounds like a great documentary! I love watching docs, esp. true crime.

Lisa said...

I love fish, any way you cook it!! This looks so delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Thank you for recipe :-)

Sandi said...

Oh, wow! That looks so good.

I can totally related to not wanting to go out and go shopping. But glad you did and got your fish!

What is the name of the documentary?

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow, how delicious it looks. I love this kind of food. I'm getting a little bit hungry here.
I know, so I don't have to go out I often change menus and ideas, lol.. I'm glad you did, though.
Lovely post, thanks for sharing.
Fabby

Mac n' Janet said...

I'm not a big fish eater though I know it's good for me. But funnily enough I had baked fish and shrimp today and they were delicious.

Diane said...

Wonderful post and fun pictures.

Hugs Diane

The French Hutch said...

A delicious recipe and beautiful presentation. Have a wonderful weekend........

Margaret D said...

Interesting that watching a documentary to you had to have fish :)
Trout is a lovely tasting fish and yours looks good.

Conniecrafter said...

Isn't it funny how circumstances can change the plans you had :) I don't care for seafood myself, which is so sad since it is so healthy, my hubby so enjoys it, so I do help to cook it for him, and luckily when we go out for it that I can find some meat from land to eat.

Maggie Ann said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Having a blog is a nice experience isn't it. You must be a good cook, I don't do much cooking really. wishing you a pleasant day, Maggie Ann

Melissa said...

This looks really good! I think I will try it this weekend.

Kathy Leonia said...

i really rare est fishes

mamasmercantile said...

That does look good, well worth a try.

Nancy Chan said...

I have not tried baked fish and hope to try baking one soon!

DIMI said...

Great post Krishna!
The fish looks so delicious!
Enjoy your weekend!
Dimi...

Sonia Verardo said...

Hello lovely! This looks delish!I really like your blog so I'm following it now on GFC #230. Let's support eachother and keep in touch! Would you be so dear to follow back? :-)
Have a nice day, greetings from Italy!
Sonia Verardo
http://www.trenchcollection.com/

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Trout is one of my favorite fish to eat! I don't cook it often at home as I am not skilled in de-boning it. Do you have any hints at how to de-bone a whole fish? The really small bones in a whole trout make it difficult to eat, so I usually go to a restaurant to order it.

NanaDiana said...

Great post. I don't eat fish because I have a reaction to it but I bet this is wonderful!!! Hope you have a great weekend! xoDiana

Magic Love Crow said...

Since I am from Canada, I have to look up this documentary!
Thanks for the recipe!
big Hugs!

Ela said...

Yummy, it looks like delicious !!
Thank you for recipe !!
Have a happy weekend !

Ivana Mihalić said...

I love your posts, always looks so delicious! *_*
Thanks for your recipe, I would love to try this because it looks sooo yuuuummy! I am already hungry! :D :D

Wish you a great weekend, dear!
www.whatsupivy.com

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Great recipe.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Sakuranko said...

Oh this recipe looks super yummy darling
xx

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Wow!
Krishna, your dishes look delicious.

Greetings from the cold (- 19 ° C) Poland.
Lucja

Post a Comment