Sunday, November 25, 2018

Baked potato and mushroom-chicken



I had been just strolling through the isles of grocery market. Suddenly I spotted the sweet potatoes. I heard about sweet potato, I saw it, but I never bought it. When my son was very little I picked up one book from library, where the dinosaurs were eating different kind of sweet potato dishes. I forgot the name of that very book. That was one of his favorite books. Anyway, I grabbed one big sweet potato and bought it. However, after coming home I was muddled. I really had no idea how to cook it. I took the help of Internet. I was at loss, which recipe should I try first. Then I picked up baked sweet potato recipe, which was the easiest one. At last one fine Saturday I baked sweet potato along with mushroom-chicken. The meal turned out tasty indeed. 


Baked potato recipe:
One sweet potato
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil 
Peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into medium large chunks. Smear salt and pepper. Preheat the oven at 350 degree F.Take a baking tray. Cut aluminum foil according to the size of the tray. Cover the tray with aluminum foil.     
Drizzle little on the foil. Place the pieces on the foil. Drizzle a little oil over it. Bake until the sweet potato is tender.
Mushroom chicken
Two skinless boneless breast halves
Two medium onion
One medium tomato
Two cloves of garlic
One packet of mushroom (at least 10-12 pieces)
One tbsp. soy sauce
One tsp. cumin seed
Salt to taste
Oil
Cut the tomato and onion into big chunks. Peel the garlic cloves. Boil the chicken with onion, tomato, garlic, and salt in 3-4 cups of water until tender. Scoop out the chicken pieces. Keep the broth aside. You can use the broth in future cooking. 
Cut the mushrooms into thick slices. Cut the onion into this slices. Heat one tbsp. of oil in a heavy bottomed pan in medium. Fry mushroom and onion together for few minutes. Add salt, and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender, covering the pan. Add chicken pieces, and soy sauce into the curry. Give a good stir. Serve hot.
The lentil soups
This is the easiest dish I’ve ever cooked. This dish not only the easiest, but also very helpful. I used Tuvar dal(pigeon peas),Urad dal (Ivory white lentil), moong dal (yellow lentils). This simplest soup turned out utterly delicious on a rainy cold evening.
One fourth cup pigeon peas
One fourth cup white lentil
One fourth cup yellow lentil
Salt to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
Garlic powder
Pressure cook all the lentil together with enough water and salt. If the cooker is small, add water just right to the cooker. Let the cooker cool. Open the cooker check the thickness of the soup. If you need to make it thin, then add sufficient water of your desired consistency. Check the salt. If needed add salt again. Boil the soup. Pour equally into four soup bowl. Drizzle olive oil from the top. The sprinkle garlic powder from top. Serve hot. 



5 comments:

Hindustanka said...

Hi Krishna! I tried baking potato too, in grill mode. It was fine, though not all my homies actully liked it ;)hehe
I also search loads of recipe sin the internet these days, but hardly cook any of them, lol

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Beena said...

Simpley superb

Nancy Chan said...

Hi Krishna, I love sweet potatoes. We have many uses for sweet potatoes. I love to bake them till they are soft and sweet.

Launna said...

Hi Krishna, I adore sweet potatoes... I eat them in many dishes, they have so much flavor... xoxo

I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment on my blog ♡

Rajesh said...

Mouth watering. I like it.

Post a Comment