Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Visit to Adventure Park

Few months back my son and his friends went to their wrap up party of their “Odyssey of the mind” competition group. Those who follow me know that my son took party in that competition this year. Though they couldn’t make it, but at least they could secure the fourth position. Anyway, after the competition in March, their coach wanted a wrap up party for the kids , and we all parents agreed with her. 


She decided to have the party at Adventure Playground at the Berkeley Marina. I didn’t know about the park before. She told that kids could play with all the broken stuffs, they could something from throw broken pieces of wood, nails, and many more useless articles, which we usually prohibit them to use. 



When we reached the park we saw there a broken boat, few broke drums, many more broken trash. Those “trash” were smartly arranged , so that the kids could enjoy. The park reminded me my childhood. At that time our parents didn’t protect us that much. So, we played with all broken tins, sticks, clay, and many more items. Many of them were not good choice to play with. Actually, we did many of those mischiefs without the knowledge of our parents. So, the park rekindled our childhood memories, and we chatted about our mischiefs at a length. 




I remember vividly that on incident occurred when I was in grade two. I had been doing some dangerous tricks on swing, and landed on my back on the ground. The ground was not protected with any soft material, and I got a huge bruise on my mack. On the top of that I had math test on next day. It really made difficult me to sit properly on next day, and I did poor in the test. Now it is funny to me, but at that time it was not funny at all.Anyway, wonderful unique outdoor facility of unusual  staffs encourage children to play and build creative things. Those really boost up the creativity in the children minds. As it was a little dangerous the parents supervision was always needed. They drove the broken boat, they built “house” with broken wood, nail, and hammer. Those throw away articles give immense pleasure to the kids. 


15 comments:

Kathy Leonia said...

so nice sunny day:) i am from poland;)

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

seems to be an amazing place my friend :)

NEW OUTFIT POST | FUNNY AND WEIRD FACT ABOUT ME :D
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

shwet said...

So much adventure for kids. i am sure kids enjoyed it a lot.
My New Post | Instagram | Bloglovin

Elena M said...

Nice photos for a great review :))

https://elenabienvenido.blogspot.com/

Luana said...

seems a nice place!
the day was beautiful! :D

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

RaeAbigael said...

that looks so fun! adventure parks are always so nice to visit and spend quality time in, no matter how hooked kids (and basically everybody) are on gadgets and technology. anyway, thanks so much krishna for the wonderful comments! nice to know that your favorite color is purple - my hair right now! hehe. have a wonderful month! :D

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net

INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Kathy Leonia said...

today i go also to the park:D

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the adventure park looks like a fun time. It is great to get the children outside playing. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Carola Bartz said...

That is a great place for kids to play and be creative. We certainly need much more of these. Seems to be the appropriate place for Odyssey of the Mind kids. My daughter did OM for several years in elementary and middle school, my husband was an OM coach and used to be an OM judge. It's a great program.

Betsy said...

Kids need this and so do the parents. Great fun day out in the sunshine and exert some good energy. I like seeing kids be kids.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks like fun for the kids!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Pixel Peeper said...

It sounds like a great place for kids to play!

I remember playing like that as a kid, too - unsupervised and "free range" so to speak. Once I cut myself with a rust knife that I found in a barn, and then I hid it from my parents because I wasn't supposed to play with knives, of course. I remember getting a really bad cut, and I still hid it. It scares me how that could have ended much differently... but eventually the wound did heal, and all I have now is a scar.

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

Magic Love Crow said...

Ouch for your back! You were lucky you didn't injure yourself!
What a great place to play!
(I'm sorry, your posts still aren't coming up in my feed? I will try to catch up again!)

LianaLaurie said...

Beautiful photos :) It was a joy to read your post.

Post a Comment