Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Cauliflower -Bell Pepper Stir fry


When the weather outside is gloomy, I loose energy to cook. I love to sit back in the couch with a cup of steaming hot tea. The best I like watch the rain drops falling in my backyard pool. The dark grey sky, and the pitter-patter of rain alway reminds me all the small funny moments of childhood. However, now we cannot avoid the responsibilities of life. I have to cook, whether I like or not. So, I try to cook something easy one those very days. Here is one. 


Few florets of cauliflower
One green bell pepper
One small onion
One small tomato
One tsp cumin powder
One bay leaf
One tsp. cumin seeds
One tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Pinch of turmeric powder
Cut cauliflower the florets into medium size. Cut the onion into cube, and separate them. Cut the tomato into small pieces. Cut the top of the green bell pepper, deseed, and cut into big squares. Heat oil in a pan in medium. Fry the cauliflower florets, and keep them aside. If you need, add another one tsp oil in the same pan. Add cumin seeds, and bay leaf. When the seed starts splutter, add the onion. Fry onion until translucent, covering the pan. Stir the onion occasionally to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan. Add tomato, and cook, until tomato is mushy, covering the pan. Then add cauliflower florets, and bell pepper. Add one tsp cumin powder, salt, and turmeric powder. Mix everything well. Cook until all the veggies are soft, covering the pan. If you need you can add water little by little (one tbsp at a time)to avoid burn at the bottom. Serve hot with rice.

19 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I am always looking for new ways in which to use cauliflower, and this looks delicious. An added bonus is that I have all of the ingredients on hand! I may give that a try this weekend.

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

hmm, looks delicious my friend :D I need to try

NEW REVIEW POST | FINALLY: GOODBYE SPOTS with this amazing MOISTURIZER! :o
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

It looks delicious:) Thanks for recipe:)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

This dish looks so good and healthy! Thanks for the recipe to make these veggies.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Krishna. Cauliflower and bell peppers are two of my favorite veggies. Will have to give this a try. Thanks for your visit. Kai is at the groomers as we speak. Hope he looks handsome..Have a wonderful weekend..Judy

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Tienes un trabajo estupendo en tu blog,espero que estemos en contacto!!Que tengas feliz tarde!!!❤💛💙

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love all the veggies. This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

doodles n daydreams said...

I can get lazy when it comes to cooking too. This sounds easy and delicious.

Diana

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

Amazing recipe dear!
Have a great day! xoxo
www.recklessdiary.ru

Corina Blum said...

This sounds really delicious and I love how the cauliflower is fried first then added back in near the end. I'm sure it's super tasty!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear!

shwet said...

Cauliflower is my favorite veg. when it comes to laziness i prefer Pulao :) you made so much yummy.
Happy week end.
My New Post | Instagram | Bloglovin

Jointy&Croissanty said...

I really like cauliflower, this looks so appetizing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

jointyicroissanty

Amy Johnson said...

Our weather here in Wisconsin has been so awful this spring that I've lost motivation to do anything! This looks delicious! I'm always looking for new vegetable recipes!

Carola Bartz said...

That seems to be yummy! I love all the cumin that goes into this dish.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Another great recipe. We love cauliflower, so i shall give it a try. Have a lovely weekend.

handmade by amalia said...

I'd love to try this - I love cauliflower and already have all the ingredients at home. It looks delicious.
Amalia
xo

rita said...

Delicious dear

Kiss

Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook said...

I love the sound of this one. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment