Monday, February 5, 2018

Carrot-meat ball

What to do with the left over pulp of carrots after drinking the carrot juice. Everyday I face the same problem. I know easiest way is to just throw the residue. However, I always hesitate to do that. So, a big bowl of carrot reside was sitting in my refrigerator. I was thinking what to do with that apart from carrot cakes. Then I decided to mix that with ground chicken to make chicken-carrot meat ball. Even you can add grated zucchini, broccoli in the meat ball. Believe me , that will taste great. Here is my recipe.

 


One pound ground chicken
Two cups grated carrot 
Two tsp. garlic pawer
Two tsp. ginger powder
Salt and pepper to taste
One egg
Two tbsp. of all purpose flour
You also can use dried herbs with it. That will enhance the taste.
Oil spray

The recipe is very simple. Preheat the oven at 350 degree F. Take a cookie tray. Line with aluminum foil. Spray oil on the aluminum foil. Then mix well all the ingredients wit your hand. Make golf size ball from the mixture by hand.  Arrange the balls on the cookie tray. Spray oil over the balls. Bake for fifteen minutes. Then with a tong flip the meat balls, and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve hot with your choice of dip.

18 comments:

Betsy said...

Yum. Looks so good. I do love carrot juice and it's so good extracted like that for soups.
betsy

NanaDiana said...

I bet those are good! I used to juice and drink carrot juice every day, too. I haven't had any in a long time. xo Diana

Lisa said...

Yum!! The chicken carrot meatballs look so delicious!! Thank you for the recipe!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

mamasmercantile said...

They look very tasty and a great way to use the carrot pulp.

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

It looks delicious, thanks for recipe:*

Daniela said...

Dear Krishna,
thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe, I want to give it a try!

Wishing you a most lovely remainder of your week

XOXO Dany

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Krishna!
I have the same problem. What to do with leftover carrots.
I throw it on the composter.
Your food looks tasty.
Kisses and greetings.
Lucja

Beauty Unearthly said...

Thank you for recipe :-)

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Very creative, Krishna. They sound quite good and tasty! ♥

Margaret D said...

At least you came up with a solution.

Luana said...

seems delicious!

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Sandra said...

Parece delicioso. Feliz dia querida.

Nancy Chan said...

Great idea! Nothing is wasted!

Beca said...

That was very creative of you to come up with that recipe. Sounds delicious too.
xx Beca

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Krishna, that sounds yummy. Anything "veggie" mixed with meat balls would be good, but I think the carrots would taste wonderful. Thanks for your visit to me..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Magic Love Crow said...

This is excellent! Thank you!

JoJo said...

That sounds really good!!!

Ana Freire said...

Mais uma sugestão fantástica, que nunca experimentei!...
Uma óptima ideia essas almôndegas, com frango e cenoura...
Aqui tenho substituído o óleo por azeite, há quem não goste... mas muitos defendem ser uma opção mais saudável...
Beijinhos
Ana

Post a Comment