Sunday, January 21, 2018

Carmel Day2 - Cottage of Sweets



It was another destination for us to visit in Carmel. Cottage of sweets was nothing but a candy shop. 


However, the little building was alone a place to visit. With white walls, and uneven curved roof,gave perfect look of the fairy tale cottage.The enchanting building was built in 1922.


The shop was really small indeed. But, the smallness gave it a exact fairy tale look, we usually imagine after reading fairy tale story. 


The cottage was not built as a candy shop from the beginning. The cottage served various businesses time to time.After a fire destroyed the area, the whole courtyard was redesigned.


 The cottage became a candy shop, which not only the destination of the little ones, but also a sweet destination for the grown ups.


....to be continued

20 comments:

shwet said...

So many chocolates!! yummy :)
https://clickbystyle.blogspot.in/

Daniela said...

Dearest Krishna,
what a lovely place you've discovered, thank you for sharing it with us!

I'm wishing you a most lovely new week ahead,
with sincere gratitude

XOXO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

DIMI said...

Hello Krishna!
What a beautiful shop!
And so many kinds of candys and chocolates!
Lovely pictures!
Such a treat for the eyes!
Have a happy week!
Dimi...

mamasmercantile said...

Looks like a beautiful shop, the chocolates looked amazing. Are they made on the premises?

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

JoJo said...

That candy shop looks DIVINE!!!!!!!!!

La Table De Nana said...

So cute!

NanaDiana said...

What a cute, cute little place! I love it-it really does have a fairy-tale look to it. xo Diana

wisps of words said...

Ohhhhhh, I adore such buildings!!!!

Lois said...

What a cute little cottage! I would have had a hard time deciding what kind of candy to buy.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Krishna, what a charming little cottage. It does look like it's from a fairy tale. I love the roof line. It reminds me of those we saw in England. The candy looks tempting as well. Have a wonderful week. ♥

Lisa said...

What a charming shop!! It does look straight from a fairy tale!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Radha said...

Such a quaint store ! What goodies did you buy?

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

This cottage looks amazing:) I love sweets:)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a cute shop. My hubby would love to visit the candy store. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

Nancy Chan said...

I like this fairy tale cottage! I would not leave until I buy a bit of everything to try!

Gina said...

That is the perfect cottage to house all those sweets! What fun!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this place!! A perfect candy store! The "Crow" candy stole my heart! I never knew?? Big Hugs!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A sweet little shop indeed.

Stephanie said...

WOW! What a beautiful and charming place, dear friend. I so enjoyed your pictures.

Hugs to you, Krishna!

Post a Comment