Monday, January 15, 2018

Carmel Day 2- Porta Bella Restaurant


After visiting the Murphy’s house we all realized that our stomach had been rumbling. Carmel was a heaven of all exotic restaurants. Mr. Man took  the responsibility to finding a good one, where every one of us could get their desired food. At that moment we were on Ocean Avenue, and he found out a French Restaurant, Porta Bella on Ocean Avenue. 



Moreover, the restaurant was just beside Cottage of Sweets which was one of our must see place.

 

It was cold chilly cloudy day. We slowly walk through the sidewalk , and reached a small old door with a beautiful Christmas wreath hanging on it. I slowly pushed the door, and it open with little squeaky sound, and we entered in a warm cozy eatery with burning fireplace inside. The warm nice feeling just took away the fatigue, and we were ready to devour some mouthwatering food. 


We got a table near the window from where we could see the street, where people had been walking on their Christmas best attire.


 My son couldn’t order anything else but pizza. I’m not a pizza fan, it is the food when no option usually are left. I’m a fish loving person, so when I saw salmon in the menu card I quickly decided to order that. Mr. Man ordered beef burger. 


Anyway, we were not in hurry, we enjoyed every single bit of our food. At the last our server served a little desert , and told it was on the house. I just can’t describe the feeling when the cream in it just slowly moved down my throat. We were all full, on the top of that we had been eating limitless sweet things during that tim, so I didn’t order another plate. I didn’t know the name of it, so I asked him. It was Baklava. The cream and the crunchiness of that made a heavenly combination. That was really a sinful bliss. 

..... to be continued.


26 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I love baklava! So nice that dessert was on the house. We have a small restaurant close by that gives a cup of soup for free each time you visit. Wonderful to hear folks are so very generous with others. Janice

Mac n' Janet said...

I do remember Carmel having loads of lovely restaurants. All of your food looks scrumptious.

Lisa said...

Yum the food looks and sounds delicious!! What a beautiful place to visit!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

My goodness, Krishna, your baklava is making my mouth water! It looks like you all found just the right place to have a lovely dinner. I think kids really order pizza because they know it's safe and usually yummy. Have a nice week. ♥

JoJo said...

That meal looks fantastic esp the dessert! I've never had baklava but that one sure looks tasty!

Margaret D said...

Looks a lovely meal, I too love salmon.

DIMI said...

Hello dear Krishna!
Wonderful pictures!
That’s a beautiful and cozy restaurant!
It looks like an English cottage!
The food looks delicious!
I love baklava and i also make it,it’s a Greek desert!
I’m sure you enjoyed it!
Have a lovely day and a happy week!
Dimi...

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Que bonito se ve este lugar, y que buena pinta tiene la comida! Saludos! 😋😋😋

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

hmmm, delicious dishes and amazing place my friend :)

NEW REVIEW POST | FINALLY TESTED A BLACK MASK! (SUPER AFFORDABLE)
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Kathy Leonia said...

so jummy food:)

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

The food looks amazing <3

Stacey said...

Oh my word, we love Carmel! We've been a couple of times for day trips when visiting the area. It's so quaint and beautiful.

Thanks for your sweet comment about my house. :)

Arti said...

We will pass Carmel and Monterey on our way from Pinnacles Nationl Park back to San Francisco Airport in July. Hope the weather will be fine to visit 17-Mile Drive for the third time. Till now it was always foggy or raining.

Arti

mamasmercantile said...

The food looked delicious, I love salmon it looked amazing. Very generous with the baklava.

La Table De Nana said...

Baklava is a fave of my daughters.I would like Carmel..all the pretty facades:)

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Merci de partager avec nous ce délicieux repas... Vos clichés sont merveilleux.
Un endroit qui me semble bien sympathique.

Gros bisous

LINDA said...

Wow beautiful! The food looks amazing!

xx

Linda from Beauty And Tips

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Oh, yummy! Krishna. Looks so good and I just love the style of cottages and shops in Carmel. Those roofs are just enchanting..Happy Tuesday and thanks for your visit..xxoJudy

Annie's Journal said...

The restaurant atmosphere sounds so attractive...so is there meal:)

Наталья Белогловская said...

Great place!

Nancy Chan said...

I like the look of the restaurant. The food looks delicious! Yums!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Krishna,
You did find a great restaurant and your choice of food would have been my choice too.
The name Porta Bella is Italian and they do serve French, Spanish and Italian food...
Happy for you for having had a good time together!
Hugs,
Mariette

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

The restaurant looks lovely. The food sounds and looks amazing! Carmel is so pretty. Great shops and restuarants.

Magic Love Crow said...

My mouth is watering!

Svetlana said...

Such a lovely place! Meal looks fantastic!♥♥

Blog: Witty Sweety
Instagram: @witty_sweety

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

YUM! we were at a seafood restaurant today. So delicious and both of us wound up having shrimp, but different dishes. Baklava is delicious. Glad you liked it! What a fun time you've had in Carmel. Thanks for sharing your trip. I've been going backwards so I am mostly caught up except for one more! Hugs!

Post a Comment