Saturday, December 16, 2017

Five on Friday

Monday:
Today when I peek through the blinds in the morning, I saw thick frost on the roofs, but the sky was crystal clear. The  sun was shinning in the bight gorgeous blue sky. It was looking picture perfect, but I didn’t feel happy. It is almost mid of the december we yet to get rain. May be this year again we would get another dry winter, and which is not good. The mountains are still barren, yet to get the green coat of grass. I fear this year the mountain are not going to get the light green color coat of grass. I know, I can easily find the weather of december in weather channel. However, I don’t want to do that. I just want to keep my hope alive of getting rain. Isn't it crazy? 
Season's first fruitcake


Tuesday:
Today in the morning I went to work. After that I had time in my hand before going to pick my son, I went to Hobby Lobby. In the mean time I had been chatting with my sister, and totally forgot Why I went to Hobby Lobby. So, I only browsed every isle, but when I saw the queue at the register, I stopped myself to buy anything. 

Shortbread cookies were instant hit

Wednesday:
Today Mr. Man decided to take leave, and all my plan went in vein. Only productive thing I did, making worksheet for my son.
My son'd first gift from his friend's mom

Thursday: 
Thursday early morning I had physiotherapy session. It was freezing cold outside. Though the sun was burning bright, but couldn’t melt the ice. Only thing he did, was to make difficult in driving. The sun was so bright it was really difficult to see. Yesterday while crossing one stop, I really couldn’t see anything due to glaring sunlight. Luckily, one was crossing the road. After that my friend and I had a quick coffee together before running some errands.
Holiday decorations in nearby mall

Friday:
Today the floor guy came with his assistants, and had started doing the floor. Hopefully, they would finish by tomorrow. At last the today crocheted the infinity scarf for my friend, and I gifted her today. She was very happy , and she immediately put that on her neck. *smile*

I saw this sculpture in the mall, isn't it beautiful?





27 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

it's scary when California doesn't get its winter rain, that means more fires next year. Hope the ice goes away and warms up for you.

NanaDiana said...

This was a fun post and caught me up on your week. That is a great sculpture and I am glad that your friend liked the scarf. I see a post just before this that your son wrote so I will visit that next. xo Diana

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I do hope you get rain soon, Krishna. We need rain as well as it's not good to go into winter so dry. I really hope for California you see rain soon. It sounds like your renovations are coming along. I hope they are nearing completion. Enjoy your weekend. ♥

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you get some much needed rain. I would gladly give you some of our snow if I could. Hope you have a great week! Janice

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I like your week with photos of your week. It's been cold here lately. Warm today and went on a walk late afternoon. Not much rain lately though. Thanks and have a good weekend!

Annie's Journal said...

I can understand your concern about dryness of land. It is an important issue. We're not as dry as California (in fact it's raining/drizzling now and will be for few more days before snow comes), but I save as much of our grey water, I mulch the garden the best I could, and plant as much trees to create some sort of climate change. Try not to worry too much but hope for the best. Glad your home flooring is getting installed - exciting! - and I wish you a good holiday break with your family:)

Anneli A said...

It was nice to read your weekly programme. You have beautiful holiday decorations there. We have a lot of snow, people are happy to have a possibility for skiing and skating. Have a good Sunday!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I hope you have some rain soon. The wildfires have been scary lately. I know you will be happy when the renovations are done. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!

La Table De Nana said...

Just watching the fires..our news captures US news so we see a lot..so tragic..happy your renos are coming to a close..love that sculpture too:) Lucky you Hobby Lobby ..and how nice you made the scarf..saw a WONDER ful movie you might enjoy w/ your son:)..You guessed it Wonder.

Zujalica.ba said...

Very interesting post ^_^

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Hello dear Krishna!
The fires in California are terrifying.
I feel sorry for everyone.

I like sculptures. They are lovely.
And reindeer, cute.
Greetings from winter Poland.
Lucja

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Krishna, thank you for your visit and Christmas wishes. I'm glad for you that the renovation is getting closer to being done. That is hard to go through especially this time of year when you have so many other things to do. It is so sad that we are not getting more rain AGAIN! For awhile there I thought it would be better this year, but maybe not. Saw on the news last evening that the fires are getting the winds to them again. We were really windy here yesterday..Have a Merry Christmas with your family..Judy

Angela said...

Hope you get rain! We love fruitcake in our house. We like panettone and two boxes are brought to the house by my son every year at Christmas time. Beautiful Christmas decorations at the mall and the sculpture with all the books is indeed pretty. Merry Christmas!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

Stephanie said...

Hi, sweet Krishna! I am praying you get rain, my friend. We, too, have been quite dry here in the mountains. We usually have a bit of snow up high, but this year we hardly have any.

Wishing you a joyous Christmas. Hugs!

Margaret D said...

The reindeer's do look wonderful.
You have been busy once again.

Julie said...

Hello Krishna, your baking looks so delicious I wish I could reach into my screen & take a piece. Your photos are beautiful - it looks a very pretty place where you live & those sculptures in the shopping mall are amazing. Hope you get some rain soon ... we are wanting rain here where I live also. Its very dry & our grass is turning brown. Have a lovely week Krishna. Thanks for the wonderful comments you always leave me over at my blog Xxx

Nancy Chan said...

If only we could share some of our rain with you. We do have some rain in between hot days. Hope rain will come for you place. I like the sculpture and the reindeer too.

Sandra said...

Os bolos devem ser deliciosos! As renas são lindíssimas. Feliz Natal.

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous sculpture, indeed! I hope you get some rain! The shortbread and fruitcake look good! Merry Christmas!

betty-NZ said...

What lovely winter photos! I don't look at the weather, either, and just hope for what I want!

doodles n daydreams said...

Great photos for each day. Hope you get your much needed rain soon.

Diana

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Great post and beautiful photos.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Krishna,
At times nature behaves odd and it can have dire consequences!
Your coffee with sweets photos look very warming.
Yes, at times our plans look like having been made in vain... But we should never give up!
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

magda said...

Το γλυπτό είναι υπέροχο! Το κέικ με τις σταφίδες, ακόμα πιο ωραίο!
Σου εύχομαι αγαπητή μου φίλη, καλά Χριστούγεννα, με υγεία και ευτυχία!

Bee Lady said...

Second blog in a row I've visited that's talking about no rain. I hope you get some rain soon. I am hoping for no rain here because we are in for some freezing temperatures that's going to hang around for a couple of weeks. It'll freeze the rain and the roads and our drive way will be dangerous. But rain is in our forecast. I think forgetting what you go into Hobby Lobby for is an easy thing to do! I love that store and can spend hours in there.

Cindy

Unknown said...

Wonderful! You can also choose a prom dresses
for your party.

Post a Comment