Monday, May 21, 2012

Yellow pompano bake

After coming back from India I’m not getting enough time to peruse my hobbies.  My son is not going to school now. His school will start from 11th of June. Till that date I have to give 24 hours to him. It is rally a very difficult job. With his ever-increasing flow of questions I’m overwhelmed to find  suitable answers. On the top of that, he does not sleep in the afternoon. Since morning I wait for the afternoon only. However, today after much effort I can put him sleep at last. So, I have thought to put the yellow-pompano recipe.  




Yellow pompano is a lesser species of pamphlet. Apart from pamphlet my husband was not ready to taste any other kind. Long ago, once I cooked black pompano, but he didn’t like that at all. So, after I never dare to buy. This time he only, showed interest to buy yellow pompano. He suggested me baking that fish. So, after few days, one Sunday I thought to bake the fish. However, when I went to marinate it, I didn’t find any suitable spices in my kitchen. I thought of putting some chicken tanduri mashala in that. I marinated the fish with ginger-garlic paste and chicken tanduri mashala. The taste was delicious.



Ingredients:One whole pompano, cleaned and with long slits

1 tbsp. chicken tanduri mashala1 tbsp. white vinegar1 tsp. ginger paste1 tsp. garlic paste1 tbsp. oil (I used olive oil)Broccoli florets½ Capsicum1 onion1 tomato1 avocadoFew cilantro leavesLittle lemon juiceSalt to tasteFor marinating:In an oven-proof tray put the clean fish. Mix all the spices and covered it with a piece of aluminum foil. Put it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. You’ll get the best result if you marinate for 24 hours. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degree F. Bake for 20 minutes. The flip the fish and bake for 10-15 minutes, as required. Mix little salt with broccoli florets, capsicum slices, and onion slices. After flipping the fish, in one side of the tray put all the vegetable and bake again. After 15 minutes, remove the cover and put the oven into broil for maximum 2-3 minutes, to dry it.The salad:Chop avocado, onion, tomato, and cilantro. Mix with salt. Sprinkle lemon juice from the top. If you like, you can put a little bit of salsa and pinch of red chili powder.





2 comments:

Tina said...

yummy...

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...drooooooooling recipe of yours...awesome..:)
Tasty Appetite

Post a Comment