Thursday, May 24, 2012

Broccoli bake


After I came to know the benefits of broccoli I desperately tried to add this very vegetable in our meals. However, I never succeeded to do the same, because nobody liked it.  One of my friends suggested frying broccoli. I cooked that, but I never succeeded to make that delicious. That problem was that, due to the lack of taste, I had to finish the rest of the dish every time. There were very rare occasion, when my hubby dear finished. So, one day I searched on the Internet to find a suitable and easy recipe, yet delicious to cook broccoli. I found one recipe, but at that time I didn’t have all the ingredients to cook. So, I altered the recipe, and I baked with whatever was available at home. Surprisingly, that was an instant hit.After that I have baked broccoli many times in the same way, and whoever has eaten that, said only one word, “delicious”.


Ingredients:
10-12 florets of broccoli

2 tbsp. Heaped all-purpose flour

1 egg

½ tsp baking powder

Pinch of salt

1 tsp of sugar

1 ½ tbsp oil (I used olive oil. Any kind of oil or butter can be used.)

1 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese (you can cheddar cheese also)

Method:
Boil the broccoli florets with pinch salt until the florets become just tender. Do not over-boil. Discard the water as much as possible, because the water content in the florets can be a problem in baking. In a bowl add all the ingredients except the florets and cheese. Make the fine batter. If you need, add little milk. Grease a baking tray, and pour the batter into it. Arrange the florets on the batter. Sprinkle cheese from the top. Bake of 20 minutes or a fork comes out clean when you prick in the middle. The broccoli bake is ready. Serve hot with tea or coffee.

The table cloth in the picture also made by me, and I used all old dresses and T-shirt. How is the concept of up-cycle?

4 comments:

Akila said...

Wow what an nice version... Have prepared broccoli stir fry, curry n soup... Will try this one also... When u find time do visit my blog...

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...absolutely lipsmacking..love it..:)
Tasty Appetite

momto8 said...

oh yum!! and we are big broccoli fans here..this is a new recipe...thank you!!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Raaga said...

I just threw a head of broccoli into a soup yesterday... will try this with the next one!

Post a Comment