Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lemon cup cakes

I never baked any cupcakes, but I wanted to do that always. So, one day when I went to Dollar shop I bought one cupcake-baking tray. After using that I found that very helpful. With that I can make small cakes which serve as very good snacks item. Whenever my little one wants have a cake I bake within no time. Its take very small amount of time, because ingredients are of very small amount.
Here the recipe:
Ingredients:

4 tbsp. of flours
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. of vanilla essence
2 tbsp. of sugar
1 tbsp. of oil (I use olive oil)
Pinch of salt
Enough milk to make a medium thick batter
Maximum time of bake:  ½ hour (depending on the power of the oven)
1tsp. of lemon jest
Method:
Lemon Jest: Great the peel of a yellow lemon to get 1 tsp. of jest.
Take the egg and separate the yolk and the white part into two separate bowl. Whisk thoroughly the egg-white, sugar and salt into a smooth batter. Whisk the yellow part separately. Now mix all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add milk time to time to make a medium thick batter. Now grease each of the scoops of the tray and sprinkle small amount of flour into it. Pour 2 tbsp. of the batter into each of the scoops. Bake for 15 minutes and check with a fork or knife by putting in the middle of each cake. If the knife doesn’t come out smooth then bake the cakes depending on the condition. May be it can take another 10 minutes to bake fully.


No comments:

Post a Comment