Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The best ever Valentine's Day

This was our fourth valentine’s day after marriage and it happened to be the best one as I could not enjoy a single valentine’s day after our marriage.
This time I thought I would do something new to make this Valentine’s Day memorable. I started taking preparations almost two weeks back. Actually there was no such idea in my mind. While visiting our friend’s place for a dinner invitation in the last week of January (I forgot the date) we happened to visit Walmart. We decided to go to Ross which was very near to Wal-Mart. After reaching there I saw a dollar store which was just beside Ross. Visiting the Dollar store I saw many decorative items for the Valentine’s Day. That was the moment I decided to do something new and exciting to make the day memorable. I told my husband that we would celebrate the Valentine’s Day. My husband accepted my idea and we got few decorative items from the store which included small roses (that time I didn’t notice that those were actually soap papers), ribbons, streamers and a red teddy.
After returning home it took me few days to decide what needs to be done. Then I got the idea of giving a huge surprise gift to my husband. On my birthday which was on 1st Feb he gave me a sewing machine which was a big surprise to me.
I decided to give him a basket with some goodies prepared by me. Few days back I learnt to make baskets out of newspapers. I made two paper boxes for biscuits and cookies which I had learned from YouTube. I made the cake box out of my own idea. Along with these things, I made a photo frame; a love quotes book, a bunch of ribbon roses and a card.
                                                        The Gift Basket
As days passed by, I got tensed. By all means I had to finish everything within Friday. There was no question of doing any work on weekends and Valentine’s Day was on Monday .By Wednesday I made one newspaper basket which was not satisfying. I spend the whole morning to finish that however the end product was not satisfactory. I wanted to finish the other things by Wednesday as I knew that it was going to get tough on Thursday and Friday as my son was going to stay at home. I made the basket on Thursday by keeping everything on the iron board as the tables were in his reach. Finally I managed to create a good basket and the other things overcoming all the hurdles. Along with that I was able to cook the biscuits; however the cake and cookies were still pending. I couldn’t manage to decorate the candles by Friday. Not much of idea coming to my mind, I managed to decorate the candles after shutting myself up in the bathroom on Saturday. But I had to do my work in smaller parts because I couldn’t stay in the bathroom for an unnaturally long time. I hid them in the drawers. On Saturday evening I made some cookies but my husband didn’t pay any attention as I prepare them often. On Sunday evening when I was baking the cake my husband asked the reason for that. I told that I was making it for the Valentine’s Day.
Next thing was that how I would keep the basket in the table so that when he wakes up in the morning he could finally see that. When at night he went to the bathroom to make our son ready for bed, I took the basket from our bedroom closet and hid it behind a big exercise ball in the living room. I cut a piece of the cake and put in the cake box. I was in constant fear of getting caught. However everything was safe. At  11 in the night he suggested that we should go to bed. I agreed and as soon as he left the living room within no time I arranged everything on the dining table and switched off the lights. I couldn’t sleep properly the whole night as I knew that I had to wake up before him and lit the candles. As soon as the alarm went on I woke up and lit the candles and went back to bed as if I woke up to have some water. Sometime later my husband woke up and after freshening up he saw some dim lights were coming from the living room. When he stepped into the living room he became extremely surprised and happy. I was equally happy as I was able to do what I had planned for a long time.
The day started with a good note. I made something different for my husband’s breakfast. For lunch I cooked chicken biryani, my husband’s favorite. After lunch we went to our son’s school for parents-teacher’s meeting. In the evening, I prepared onion tart and vegetable pie, a special valentine dinner for us .We ate a quiet candle light dinner after our son went to bed. At the end of the day as I was thinking that though it was a quiet day just like any other, this day was so special. If I had a job, I could have bought a gift for my husband. Whatever I presented to my husband was very nominal things, might be of little value. However my biggest pleasure was that I could make him feel special. He came to know that my love was the same as before.
This day I spent with utmost happiness forgetting all the unfulfilled wishes, sorrow and cribs. I don’t want any expensive things, I don’t want to get back what I lost, I just want to spend a simple life full of happiness.


sharmistha said...

Nice Work Krishna...keep it up..hope to read many more inspiring things from u............

Shila said...

It was a real surprise and you made me feel like a million bucks...


larry said...

Hey Krishna di...awesome..that's what is called unconventional love.. Lucky shila da!!!! May god bless ur family

Chandrani said...

Now that's what I call a gr8 Valentine's store bought gift can ever be so heart felt.You inspire me.

Post a Comment