Sunday, March 17, 2019

Green peas curry


Last few days I don’t now what I’m doing I have no idea. Only thing I know that I’m not getting time to think about what should I write in my blog. I had been a while. I know my blogger friends are waiting to hear something for me. 
In the morning while cooking I had been thinking to post a recipe. The funny part is that I tried few recipes a while ago, I took the pictures, but I didn’t write down the recipes. Now I forget all the recipes. So, no ways to post the recipes in my recipe section. I usually cook for the whole weekend. I really don’t feel cooking in any weekends. So, if I don’t cook for the weekend on Friday, then I’ve to scratch my head on weekend what to put on the table. I had few green peas left in my refrigerator. The packet gave the instruction to just microwave the peas before eating. I don’t like that recipe. I just gave a little Indian form. I made green peas stir fry without any spices except few nigella seeds. That turned out very tasty. Actually, nigella seeds always add fine aroma to the curry, specially to any stir fry. 


Here is the recipe:

Two cups of whole green peas
One fourth cup of thinly sliced onion
One cup small potato cubes
Half tsp nigella seeds
One table spoon of oil
Pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
Salt to taste
Two-three slitted green chilis (optional)

Heat oil in a pan in medium.
Add nigella seeds. 
As the seeds start crackling , add the onion slices. Fry onion for 1-2 minutes covering the pan.
Add green peas and potatoes. Give a good stir. 
Cover the pan and let it cook for few minutes.
Add salt, chilis, and turmeric powder. Mix well. Cover the pan. Let it cook until the vegetables are tender.
Give a stir time to time to avoid scorching at the bottom. 
If the curry becomes dry, before getting tender, add little water, preferably two to three tablespoon. 
Cook under medium heat.

Serve hot with steaming rice.

Serving size: 3


25 comments:

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

Your rices are longer than our standards. Interesting!

Fictitious Fashion said...

Loved the recipe <3

Thanks for your comment earlier. Maybe you'd like to read my new post Personalised passport holder

Love
Akanksha
Fictitious Fashion

Carolyna's world said...

so simple but great :-)

Betsy said...

Yumm, sounds and looks good!.. I like to use turmeric, I heard it's very good for us. Mom always used it in salads like potato and macaroni, soups etc..
What type of rice is that? Looks so good and healthy.

Kathy Leonia said...

omom it must be delicious;)

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Great post and recipe.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Elena M said...

Mmmmm!It looks delicious!i would like to try:)

Margaret D said...

Looks delicious as the recipe reads.
Your rice is long, I think it would be longer than our long grain rice.

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

hmmm, so delicious :D

NEW REVIEW POST | CONCEALERS WITH IMPECCABLE FINISHES? HERE’S ONE!
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Teresa said...

Se ve muy buena. Besitos.

Nancy Chan said...

The rice looks like the long Briyani rice which I like to eat. I like to eat beans but sometimes it causes gas in my stomach.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Enjoy your day and a great week!

Jeanie said...

I'm planning on making a chicken curry this week. I'm always looking for good curry recipes, so thanks for this one!

Thanks too for coming by my blog today! Nice to see you!

Luana said...

yummy! seems delicious!

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Dyn said...

That actually looks pretty delicious!

blooming home and garden said...

Looks very good I lovegreen peas
Have a lovely afternoon,

Hugs, Ida

Mirtillo14 said...

Credo che proverò questa ricetta che mi sembra semplice e gustosa. L'unico dubbio è sulla nigella che non so se riuscirò a trovare. Saluti.

Kathy Leonia said...

have a good day:)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

This looks and sound so good. I love using the spice turmeric in some of my dishes to give it some flavor. I sometimes get in a rut of what to make for dinner.

handmade by amalia said...

Simple recipes are the best. This looks delicious.
Amalia
xo

Pink Rose said...

Hi Krishna oh this looks so yummy i have never had this before so i must make this,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

have a nice day, my friend

NEW FASHION POST | WEEKLY TREND: FOR BAD HAIR DAYS, HAIR CLIPS!
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Looks good,, Krishna. It makes a pretty dish..Thanks for your nice visit and Happy Spring..Judy

Pixel Peeper said...

I'm exactly opposite from you - I have to cook ahead on the weekend, or it will be take-out and really quick dinners during the week.

Sandi said...

This looks so good! I've noticed you have not posted in a while, Krishna. Hope all is well.

Post a Comment