Monday, May 21, 2018

Visit to Alden Nursery

We are planning to landscape in our front yard, but we are really confused which plant to buy for the garden. We have been tried to gather knowledge from Internet, but it was a difficult job.


Few days back Mr. Man have come to know about one nursery. Though the nursery is not exactly near our home, but we can manage to go there and buy plants. 



So, last Friday  Mr. Man took me there. To me, it was another busy Friday, but I could manage to squeeze out some time to visit there. I was completely blown away by the collection of plants in the nursery. We decided to take walk through the whole area. However, we reached nowhere. Moreover , I didn’t want to buy any plants, as we are going to landscape in August. Mr. Man didn’t want to ask with anyone. Lastly I talked with one lady, and she was amazing. She showed me all the plants which I can use for landscaping. I just told her my requirement. And, my requirement was in very broad range.

 


I told her the how I want to decorate my garden. She showed me all the pants one by one which I can use, and within no time I managed to narrow down my list of plants.
She gave me some tips, how to test the drainage capacity of the native soil. She told me to dig a one foot deep whole, and pour water into it. If the whole becomes empty within an hour then the drainage is good of the native soil. I also want to plant want Clematis   in my garden, I love the flower, the flower is absolute gorgeous. She told me that, the root of the plant should be kept always cool. 


Anyway, I usually love gardening. I love to visit the nurseries, but this nursery gave me all I want for my garden. 

17 comments:

Kathy Leonia said...

such a lovely place:)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Such a pretty post!!
Hugs,
Deb

Home Chic Club said...

Great nurserie and helpful tips! Hope your garden will look beautiful and you and your family enjoy it! xoxo
Vesna - Home Chic Club

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a beautiful nursery. It is great they had everything you wanted. Enjoy your day and new week ahead.

rita said...

Amazing pic dear
Have a nice day

white and vintage said...

Your house is so beautiful! I wish you a lot of fun with your garden.

Magic Love Crow said...

What a gorgeous nursery! Wow! I would spend hours in there! I never knew that about the hole. Great advice! Is that your home in the first picture? Gorgeous! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love gnomes ...

All the best Jan

Erika Seol said...

Such a lovely place, Very beautiful and I can imagine how I would spend all my day in this place. OMG! really beautiful.

Would you like to support each others by follow on GFC and G+?
Let me know if you follow me and I'll follow you back asap!

Xoxo,
Erika

Kathy Leonia said...

have a good day:)

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

Seems to be an amazing place :D

NEW OUTFIT POST | WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MY 25 YEARS. :O
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Sandra said...

Beautiful pics and Flowers. Have a Happy Day.

blooming home and garden said...

Beautiful nursery, hope you enjoy the planting.
Gardening is great and relaxing,

Hugs, Ida

Luana said...

beautiful place!

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Betsy said...

I love gardening. It takes my mind off of everything but the beauty of the flowers and I look forward to seeing my plantings grow. A beautiful place and thank you for taking me along.
betsy

Pixel Peeper said...

I'm very ignorant about gardening...I need a lot of advice, too! Good for you to go out and learn about it. I hope you post pictures when you get done planting everything.

Louca por porcelana said...

This post is my favorite because I love gardening...However,I have only a garden of vases,because I live in an apartment with a terrace.But my parents have a gardening,so as my aunts,and I grow loving roses,daisies and trees...Good feelings,sweet memories...Thanks for visiting!Maristella.

Post a Comment