Monday, April 30, 2018

Vegetable mishmash

Again I skipped to write ,“Five On Friday” I love to write the little journaling on Friday. However, the Friday was extremely hectic. I didn’t even get time to breadth. I called few of friends for lunch. So,in the morning I was super busy. I was so bust that I forgot to take pictures. At night I was so tired, that I didn’t feel to switch on the laptop. I received one surprise gift on mail, I’ll share in details with you this week. On weekend I could write , but I was too preoccupied with a book to write down. I wanted to finish that book in weekend. The book was about the life of great mathematician Ada Byron, daughter of great poet Lord Byron. The book is actually a historical fiction based on her life. The book captivated me so much that I didn’t want to do anything else. Her life was really fascinating. In that era when it was well established that the hard subjects like mathematics was not for “tender female brain”. However, she was way ahead of her time. The algorithm she wrote on Bernoulli series is known as the first computer program.  Anyway, I think I should write about the book in any other post. Now we need something lighter for our “brain” So, I’m presenting a simple Indian veg recipe.



One cup cubed pumpkin

One cup cubed potato

Two cups chopped spinachOne cup hyacinth beans (You can use french beans also) cut into one inch length pieces.

One big tomato

One tsp cumin powder

One tsp coriander powder

One tsp garlic pasteOne tbsp ghee or oil (The taste will be better in ghee)

Half tsp cumin seeds

One bay leaves

One dry red chili

Two-three silted green chili(optional)

Salt to taste

One tbsp sugar (I used brown sugar)

Pinch of turmeric powder



Wash the pumpkin, peel,deseed, and chopped into small-medium cube. Wash the potato, peel, and cut into cube. Finely chop the tomato. Finely chop the spinach. If you are using hyacinth beans, then while trimming the of the beans, cut a little part on both sides then just pull towards you. A piece of string like part will come out. That part actually doesn’t get tender during cooking. Then cut the beans in one inch length. If you are using french beans then just trim both sides,and cut into one inch pieces. In the pan heat oil in medium. Fry each vegetable separately, except the spinach,and keep them aside. In the same oil add cumin seeds,and dry red chili. When the seeds start crackling add ginger paste, and quickly cover the pan. After few seconds, add the tomato. Mix well, and let it cook, until tomato becomes mushy, stirring occasionally. Add all the fried vegetables, the spices, salt, turmeric powder,sugar, and mix everything well, and fry for few minutes , covering the pan. Add the spinach on the top.Cook the vegetables in medium heat, covering the pan. After five-six minutes, add three-fourth cup of water if needed. If the curry gets watery for the spinach, then you don’t need to add water. Add the silted green chili, mix well, and let in cook until all vegetables are tender. Simmer it, until the desired consistency is reached. Serve hot with steaming rice.




P.S. If the potato,and pumpkin you are using get soft very easily, then add those two vegetables in the mixture, after the beans are little tender.


13 comments:

Kathy Leonia said...

love it:D

shwet said...

it looks so yummy and recipe seems easy. i will try it. thanks for sharing.
My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

Cynthia said...

That looks so good. I love Indian spices and cook with them quite often.

Sandicious said...

looks delicious
Sandicious

Luana said...

wow! seems delicious!
I'm gonna try to do!

xoxo
Guria do Século Passado

Betsy said...

Looks tasty and must try. The book sounds very interesting.
betsy

Kathy Leonia said...

have a good day:)

RaeAbigael said...

this looks yummy even if i really dont like eating veggies. hehe

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net

INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Loos good!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

DIMI said...

Hello dear Krishna!
A great recipe and it looks so delicious!Thank you for sharing!Enjoy your day and new month of May!
Dimi...

Anonymous said...

The book sounds very interesting.
Thank you for such a delicious-sounding recipe.
Hope you have a nice day.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Looks so good, Krishna. I think I need to experiment a little more with spices. Thanks for your visit, I think you would enjoy a wisteria in your garden, just plant it to go over something very strong! It is a powerful plant..Happy Wednesday..Judy

www.marzenabartosz.pl said...

Nice post:)

Post a Comment