Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The tea- Chai

Indians love tea. The love for tea came to India more than two hundreds years ago when the British started colonizing India. Although they left more  than seventy years back, but many of their colonial culture still remain in India, Tea is one of them. Making tea is different in parts of India. It depends on the culture, the environment, the weather, the quality of tea. Tea is grown in three parts of India, one in Darjeeling, one in Assam, and last one in Nilgiri, Southern Part of India. 


The Darjeeling tea is famous for fruity flavor, whereas the Assam tea is for liquor. You can put milk and sugar in Darjeeling tea, but milk and sugar usually destroy the flavor of actual tea. So, usually Darjeeling tea is drunk as black, whereas Assam tea is drunk with milk and sugar.

 
I don’t know from when I started drinking tea. I think I had started drinking tea from a very tender age. When I was young I used to put a whole lot of milk, and sugar in my tea. My mom used to tell me, whether it is tea or sherbet. As I grow up taste has changed, tea making has also changed. Now my tea type has changed from sherbet to proper tea, without sugar and milk. However habit of drinking tea twice a day is still there, rather it has increased. 


In our home, both of us is great tea drinker. Our type of tea changes in the course of time. We used to drink tea with milk and sugar, before switching to liquor Darjeeling tea. In the morning we drink the pure Darjeeling liquor tea, and evening is for typical Indian Chai. 


As we both love pure Darjeeling tea, we had been searching for good quality tea for our morning time. A cup of good quality Darjeeling tea really boost up mind and energy in the morning. He had been searching for premium quality tea in the stores, as well as online, but he failed to get good quality within normal price range. Either the quality was not satisfactory, or the price was exorbitant. After getting tired of searching Mr. Man and one his close friend decided to launch a business of good quality tea from Darjeeling tea estates. Living for ten years with a headstrong person, I knew that it would be better to join the band wagon than to pursue him to refrain his mind. 

So, we started studying about tea, and searching how to import Darjeeling tea. Last time when went to India, we visited many places for this very reason. After working almost for one year Mr. Man and his friend has finally launched a tea company in 2018. Currently they are selling both organic and conventional/regular Darjeeling Tea online.  I request to all my tea lover friends to visit their website www.freshcarton.com or, Facebook page. Currently they are selling within US only. Please check, and you will know more about types of tea, brewing of tea and their business. Above all you can get fine quality of Darjeeling tea if you purchase from their online store. 



32 comments:

Kica said...

I'm more coffee drinker but lately I started drink tea again! A lovely post and beautiful blog!

Margaret D said...

Tea! I prefer it to Coffee, my husband doesn't drink either.
I usually by Australian tea grown in the north and have visited the tea plantation and factory/ shop, was very interesting.
Hope the website goes well.

La Table De Nana said...

How interesting! Good luck in this new venture!:)

Polly said...

Very interesting post. I like all kinds of tea, I take milk with traditional tea but I enjoy Darjeeling and Earl Grey without.

DIMI said...

Hello Krishna!
Great post!i love drinking tea most in winter!
Lovely recipe with the chicken carry!
Enjoy your day!
Dimi...

mamasmercantile said...

Good luck with the new business.

Freshcarton said...

Tea arouses the intellect and stimulates wise thought. It refreshes the body and calms the soul.

Try our USDA certified Organic Grade FTGFOP-1 Darjeeling tea from online store (https://freshcarton.com/products/darjeeling-tea-organic-mim-estate). These are each 3.53 oz packaged in metallized poly zipper pouch with aluminum foil lining to maintain freshness.

Angela said...

Very good Krishna! I only drink tea with some milk but no sugar. Tea without milk stains my poor teeth badly. I do love tea though. Wishing all the best with the new business.

Cynthia said...

I am a tea drinker, and I love Darjeeling! I will go check out your husband's website. Thank you for sharing this post.

JoJo said...

Good luck to your hubby with his new business! The only tea I ever drank was Lipton but I might have a cup of tea once a year.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I'm a huge tea drinker, Krishna. I drink it all day. I will check out Mr. Man's company although, I must admit to loving my Earl Grey. ♥

Prims By The Water said...

How awesome for you and your hubby to have a new business venture. We are also venturing out into selling old fashioned candy within our store. Tell Mr Man I wish him and his friend good luck! Janice

Freshcarton said...

Thanks for sharing nice blog about tea and about Freshcarton. We are happy to answer any questions if you have regarding Freshcarton services and our Teas. You can reach out to us at sales@freshcarton.com

Freshcarton said...

Tea, is often said to be good for your health and new study shows, a cup of tea can make you more creative too. So its good to know that you are a tea lover. Pls check our tea and you can feel the difference in taste. I will let you know how to brew our tea to get best flavor. Pls let us know if you have any questions.

blooming home and garden said...

I love chai tea, it looks delicious!

Hugs, Ida

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Estupendo post!feliz fin de semana!💜💜💜

Frescarton said...

Nice to know that you are a tea lover. We are really excited about our this new initiative. Hope you will like this pure Darjeeling Himalayan fragrance, freshness & flavour in these delicate, honey colored teas. Feel free to reach us at sales@freshcarton.com for any questions.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

I do love chai tea. Best of luck to you in your new venture. Have a wonderful weekend.

Magic Love Crow said...

A very interesting post! I love tea!! Tea is the only thing I drink! Big Hugs!

Beca said...

Congratulations on your new business venture. I visited your website and it looks great. I love coffee more than tea but ocassionally I like to drink a cup. I wish you much success.
xx Beca

Fun60 said...

I wish you much success with this new venture.

Kathy Leonia said...

i more love coffee than tea:)

shwet said...

i love our regular tea, i can't live without it:)Very informative post.
My Blog
Instagram
Bloglovin


Nancy Chan said...

I drink tea but not as often as I drink coffee!

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

Very interesting post and wonderful pictures!
www.recklessdiary.ru

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love chai-tea, it is wonderful ! Great aroma of many species.
Thank you for your post and thank you for dropping by my friend.
Fabby

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Krishna,
Interesting and congrats for your new company!
We mainly drink green tea, for health reason.
The Dutch always have consumed lots of tea, they were also the traders via the Dutch East India Company, who shipped tea to Europe. It first was popular in France, than The Netherlands and finally England adopted it.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Anonymous said...

How wonderful - I wish you much success! I will take a look at the links. xoxo Mildred

Elena M said...

Thanks for the beautiful post! Have a nice day)

https://elenabienvenido.blogspot.com.es/

Ayllah said...

I like your blog. Amazing is.
Follow back? I am now here

http://ayllah1.blogspot.ba/2018/03/facts-about-me-and-things-i-love.html

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

I love tea, it's my favourite drink:)
Great post:*

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Very interesting post :)

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Post a Comment