Saturday, November 25, 2017

Five on Friday

Monday:
My son had no school this entire week. I thought that I would have some rest this week. However, things went entirely wrong. The painting guy came in the morning to put prima on all the walls. The prima is a spray . Though he tried hard to cover, but the fine particles scattered all over the place in my  entire home. It was difficult to stay at home on that smell. On the top if that my son was not feeling well. At last unable to stay at home we both went to library. As he was not feeling well, he didn't even want to stay in the library. I told him that we had to stay in library until the guy left our home. Anyway, we came back around three. At least at that time he stopped spraying.

I brought all those book from library, do not how many I can finish. :)


Tuesday:
Today my son felt worse than yesterday. So, I took a  quick doctor’s appointment and went there. Doctor told me that he caught stomach virus. He lost his appetite. Doctor assured me that he was going to be fine before thanksgiving. Anyway, today was much better that yesterday, as the painting guy finished with the spray on Monday. Today he used painting brush.


Wednesday: 
Today my son started feeling much better that before. I had so many jobs to be finished, that I couldn’t sit. The painting guy even told me, “Oh! you never stop!”*smile*

I wanted to bake pumpkin bread, but when I took out the pumpkin puree from fridge, I found that not i good condition. But I already mixed everything according to pumpkin bread's measurement. I took a risk, added the grated carrot, two large apple, and half cup buttermilk. The cake turned out delicious and moist. 


Thursday: 
Today was Thanksgiving Day. I cooked all the morning. Mr. Man suggested going to the nearby mall, and we experienced the worst Black Friday madness. It took half an hour to enter the parking lot. I told him that it was better to take U turn rather to waste energy in searching a parking space. It was much better to go back home, and relax with a cup of coffee. In the evening we had a beautiful dinner with chicken-dumpling soup, pork chops, and chocolate-coffee cake.


Friday:
I went to work early in the morning. I came back totally exhausted. Then in the evening we had a dinner invitation. That was good, as at least I didn’t have to cook.

20 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I think I read that book:) A while ago though..will refresh my memory..wish they would finish w/ your house already! You have clearly had enough..poor you.. the cake looks perfect! I don't think it missed the pumpkin:)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a shame you son was sick on his school vacation. I do not like crowds and crazy drivers and would not shop on Black Friday. Your dinner and cake look delicious. Thanks for your comment and visit. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

Anonymous said...

That cake looks and sounds delicious! I bet the apple makes it really moist. Hope your son is feeling better.
You asked about the rosemary. A sprig would stay fresh several days. (without water)

JoJo said...

I can't deal w/ the traffic and crowds with Black Friday. When I lived out west I'd go out to some local antique collectives since they were always empty but festive with antique decorations for sale and to look at, and usually playing 1940s era holiday music.

magda said...

Χαίρομαι που ο γιος σου είναι καλά!
Πολλούς χαιρετισμούς από την Ελλάδα!

Pixel Peeper said...

I cooked half the day on Thanksgiving, too. On that day I make up for all the frozen dinners and frozen veggie burgers that I serve during the rest of the year. Ha! Your food always looks so delicious!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Krishna, It sounds like your renovations are coming to a close if the painters are painting. I know you will be happy!
I never go to Black Friday sales as it's too crowded for me! ♥

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I am glad your son feels better. The outlet mall near us opened at 6 p.m. A mad house. But I didn't go there at all! My girlfriend who's an assistant manager at a shoe store there didn't get home til midnight for two nights and she had to work today as well! You cake looks delicious! Happy week!

Rajesh said...

I see that you made very good preparations for Thanks Giving.

Margaret D said...

We don't have Thanksgiving because of the country we live in - so was just another day for us.
Pleased your son is better, not at all good being not well.
Take care, the painting will be finished soon and should look wonderful.

Regina said...

Oh yes cooking most of the day for Thanksgiving is what I did too. I learned to clean as I go and use turkey bag and disposable roasting pan. Makes me less cranky about clean up. Your food looks so good!

Annie's Journal said...

Despite the ongoing home renovation, I'm impressed with how you can still bake and cook delicious looking meals for your family..you're a very industrious mother and wife Krishna:)

Bogusław Dobisz said...

Interesting reading and something delicious, it is certainly nice and usefully spent time. Greetings.

Nancy Chan said...

You bake and cook so well! Hope your house will be done up soon!

Saleslady371 said...

I am like you; I don't like the crowds either! Your cake looks so good.I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Cristina said...

Hola krishna! Fue una semana complicada, pero todo acaba pasando, me alegro que tu hijo ya esté recuperado. Esa cena seguro que os reconfortó y os sentó fenomenal, tiene un aspecto delicioso, y el pastel imagino que se terminó, qué rico!
Encantada de conocerte, me ha gustado mucho tu blog, me quedo de seguidora!
Besos!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh what a talented woman!! You have also made me hungry lol,,
I read your " about you on your profile page and its such a beautiful summary for us to get to know you,, thank you for visiting me today and I came right to follow you back!

Lisa said...

I'm glad your son is feeling better!! The cake you made looks so delicious, as does your Thanksgiving dinner!! I didn't even venture out on Thanksgiving or Black Friday...I can't stand the crowds. It's so much easier to shop online!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Magic Love Crow said...

Glad your son is better! Sorry about the paint! Your dinner looks so yummy! Big Hugs!

Post a Comment