Sunday, October 22, 2017

Pear cake recipe and life update

The last week was a crazy week. In my home, the electrician, the roof guy, the HVAC guy, and few others were working. On Friday there were at least 7 people were working. Almost through out the week they worked since morning until 6:30 in the evening. It was really painful to me. On the top of that my son broke his right wrist on Friday. In the evening I was drinking tea, and planning to write week's review. Suddenly, my son’s loud piercing cry startled me. I saw him that he was screaming in absolute pain holding his right wrist. My husband and I rushed to him. Within moment we saw a ballon like bubble on the wrist. We put ice pack on that place and rushed him to urgent care. He generally doesn’t cry much. However, that evening the poor little guy cried a lot. 


After the  X-Ray doctor showed us the broken radius (the thicker bone in the hand) in the right wrist. Doctor put the splint in the hand. The accident happened around  4 in the evening, and we came back home from doctor’s office at 7:30 at night. I really didn’t know how he fell down on his wrist, even he couldn’t recollect how that happened. Anyway, I need to go to pediatric orthopedic doctor. Hopefully, everything will be fine in 4 weeks. Now, my poor kiddie, cannot do any activity, even he cannot write. I’m just keeping my finger cross to pass this bad time.
Anyway, now it is time for a little  smile. So, enjoy the pear cake I baked few days ago. Instead of using pumpkin puree I made puree from very ripe pears.

 

Two eggs
One cup white sugar
Half cup vegetable oil
Two very ripe pear
One and half cup of all purpose flour
One and half tsp. baking soda
One tsp baking powder
Half tsp salt
Two tsp cinnamon powder
One tsp nutmeg powder
One cup chopped walnuts (I didn’t use it as this cake was my experiment.)

Cut the pears in big chunks. In a blender, make a puree. Keep aside.
In a big bowl take eggs, sugar, oil and mix well with an electric mixer. I used my hand mixer. You can use your cake mixer.
In another bowl mix well all the dry ingredients.
Add the dry mixture in the first bowl, or in you cake mixer, and mix well. Do not over mix.
Add the chopped pecan/walnuts, and fold with a spatula.
Preheat the oven at 350 F.
Grease a 13 inch cake pan. Pour the batter into it.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the fork comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake. 


Enjoy this delicious cake with hot coffee, on a cold winter day. 



29 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Ouch! Sorry your son broke his wrist. No fun! Prayers for his healing and well being. You've got a lot going on in your house but end is in sight. We were here when we had our roof redone last year. Noisy! Good thing it was a couple days. Pear cake sounds good. Have a good day!

handmade by amalia said...

I wish I could have a slice of your cake right now, I like everything with pear in it. Big sigh.
Amalia
xo

Angela said...

Hope your son is feeling much better. Kids seems to heal pretty fast with bone issues. The pear cake sounds great! Thanks for the recipe.

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

Thanks for recipe, I will try it:)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am so sorry for your son and his broken wrist. I wish him well and a speedy recovery!
Thanks so much for your visit. Have a great day and week ahead!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to learn about your son's broken wrist. Hope it heals quickly.
Your pear cake looks delicious.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Your pear cake sounds so delicious - I have never heard of or had it before. I bet clove powder would be good in it, too.

I am so sorry about your poor son. I've broken my wrist twice and it's not fun. I am praying he has fast healing.

Also saying a prayer for all your house fixing to be done so you can enjoy your teatime in peace! Take care. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment.

Sakuranko said...

The recipe looks super yummy
xx

www.sakuranko.com

Gina said...

I hope your son is feeling better soon. Hopefully it will all heal quickly.

Your cake looks yummy!

JoJo said...

Your poor son! Ouch!!!!! I hope he heals quickly!

Prims By The Water said...

Oh poor dear. Hope your son is alright. Janice

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your son has a broken wrist. I do hope he is no longer in pain and will heal quickly.
I love pears and your recipe looks delicous. ♥

Regina said...

I'm so sorry your son is hurt. I'll pray the Lord heals him quickly!

Annie's Journal said...

Hope this week will be better in every ways for you and your family.

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Very interesting post! ♥️♥️♥️

Rajesh said...

That really looks yummy.

Nancy Chan said...

So sorry for your son's broken wrist. Hope he will recover the use of his hand soon. That is a nice pear cake. I am sure it taste great with coffee!

Anonymous said...

Need to be careful in doing any type of work. Take care. Lovely pear cake...

Rafaela Biscassi said...

Delicious recipe.

www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

Kathy Leonia said...

omom:)

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Krishna!
I feel sorry for your son.
Wonderful post.
Greetings from Poland.
Lucja

Christine said...

What a trying week! I can sympathise with your son as I broke my wrist a few years ago but I hope he is now well on the way to recovery!
Thanks for the cake recipe!

beautyshapes3 said...

Great post, photos are amaizing!
Hope you'll click on links at the end of this post --> http://beautyshapes3.blogspot.hr/2017/10/rose-outfit-zaful.html

Magic Love Crow said...

I'm so sorry for your son! Thank you for the recipe!

Ivana Mihalić said...

Mmmm, I am so hungry now, my dear! :D This looks so yuummmmy, I would really enjoy this! Need to try it, thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe with us.

Hope your son will be better soon.
Have a wonderful day,
Ivana <3

Carstvo zapisanih misli

La Table De Nana said...

Poor him:( And parents..speedy recovery!

Margaret D said...

Oh my goodness - hope it heals well.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Oh your poor son. Prunella sends him big hugs.
I'm sure the pear cake brought a big smile to his face :)
Wishing you and your family a lovely weekend.

Post a Comment