Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Visit to Bushkill Falls

It was totally an unplanned visit to my sister’s place in Philadelphia. So, I didn’t have time to research about the places to visit in Philadelphia. Though I’ve found about Pocono Mountains, but, neither I researched in detail nor I took much interest in it.






However, my brother-in-law wanted to visit Pocono mountains. Anyway, one fine Sunday morning we planned to go to Pocono. But we didn’t know where to go. So, we decided to go to Pocono Mountains visitor center, because from there we could get some brochures to get the list of places to visit. When, we reached there we found that the visitor center was closed for renovations, but we got some brochures, where we found some places to visit.


However, we didn’t want to go those places. We wanted to visit the mountain, the falls, and forest. My sister told that we left behind the Bushkill falls. So, we again drove back, and reached the forest where we wanted to go. I always love the drive in the forest. Unlike the west coast, the east coast forests are much denser, and vibrant green. Anyway, we drove through the forest, and reached the crowded trailhead of Bushkill falls.



We didn’t have any plan to hike, but, just to visit the falls there. Anyway, after standing behind the long queue, we got the entry ticket of the wooden walkway of the falls. There are eight falls altogether, though I could see only three falls distinctly. The wooden walkway was itself a marvelous structure to see. Anyway, the roaring main falls, we could see from the bottom of the walkway. In the vast lush greenery, the roaring falls was looking gorgeous in the bright golden sunlight of the middle of the day. In the beginning of the walkway, it was broad, and moderate, and was easy to climb. Hiking rough steep paths are much easier than climbing the steps. After climbing the easy steps, we reached one point from where we had to climb down the very narrow and steep continuation of the walkway. Keeping the roaring falls on the front of our eyes, we slowly walk down the path. From there the landing we could see the bottom of the mail falls.

Though the falls is known as Niagara of Pennsylvania, there is no similarity between two falls. These falls are much smaller than Niagara. However, it is beautiful and majestic in their own way. Nature created these falls amid dense forest, making it majestic and lovable to the nature lovers.


 Though walked down the flights, but climbing up the flights was really difficult task. After climbing up from the foot of the main falls no one was ready to go Bridal veil falls, I also didn’t pursue others to go to the Bridal veil falls. After climbing up we reached the Pennel Falls. Pennel Falls was much flatter, but we could reach very near to the falls. Again, through flat walkway we reached the Laurel Glen Falls. Then the path was much more easier to walk, and we reached the starting point again.

27 comments:

Наталья Белогловская said...

Beautiful place!
http://beyoutiful.com.ua/?p=4035

Jenn said...

Beautiful! I love waterfalls. I live close to the Rocky Mountains and there are so many different hikes and trails. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Helena Resende said...

Wow.. really pretty place :)

http://checkinonline.blogspot.pt/

Chris Lally said...

What a lovely post, Krishna! And thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos!!

Sandi said...

So beautiful!

Krishna, how many different countries and states have you been to?

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Such lovely falls, Krishna. We used to love walking down to the falls along Skyline Drive. For sure if you want to see falls, one must walk down then up again. ♥

NanaDiana said...

I grew up in PA and we actually had falls on our uncle's farm next to ours. It was a set of three falls in a lush wooded area and a wonderful retreat in summer for all of us kids. I hope you enjoyed it enough to make it worth the climbing work, Krishna.
Have a wonderful week- xo Diana

Prims By The Water said...

Awesome falls! So glad you were able to visit. Janice

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Green and beautiful -- and I love waterfalls, so this would be a place I'd truly enjoy.

JoJo said...

I went there once when I was in high school. My parents decided to visit Amish country in PA and we stopped at the falls. This was the best part of the trip. Amish country was sooooo boring. lol

La Table De Nana said...

Lovely sights..I can imagine the walk strenuous! Give me flat ;)

Jeanie said...

You may not have had time to do research but it's a beautiful spot and I think you found a good one.

RaeAbigael said...

it looks so beautiful! <3

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net/

Beauty Unearthly said...

Amazing landscapes!

Edit said...

Amazing place!

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

Such a beautiful post!
You photos so amazing!
www.recklessdiary.ru

Irreplaceable_fashion said...

wow beautiful falls:) great place:)
Have a great weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Hubby and I found this beautiful waterfall too recently. Your photos are pretty. That was some hike going up and down the steps. I will be doing a post on our trip soon too. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

What an exceptionally beautiful place to visit. It looks as though you need to be pretty fit to get up those steps but the view is most definately worth it!
Have a truly wonderful weekend :)

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful photos. looks like the climb had it's rewards. Krishna, I see now way to email you.

Tammy said...

I should have done more research when we visited Philadelphia last year. This is definitely a place I would have visited.

roughterrain crane said...

I love to visit falls. They are cool and clean, refresh me always.

Betsy said...

Such beauty. I would like to visit here. Sort of reminds me of 7 falls in colorado, taking the steps up. At night the lights lit the falls and it was beautiful.
Happy Sunday
betsy

Stephanie said...

Good evening, sweet Krishna! Oh, what a joy to see your beautiful pictures. I agree with Betsy - such beauty!

You asked on my blog about a week ago where I purchase my fabric {forgive me for just now getting back to you}. I tend to buy it on Etsy and at Missouri Star Quilt Company. I will share the links with you:

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SewStitchingHappy

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cottagecouturefabric

Hugs to you, dear one!

Kathy Leonia said...

dear this is just magic...

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful place, love the greenery and natural scenery and the steps. Have a happy new week!

matti niilola said...

Hi. Awesome place. Thank you for your visit and comment.

Post a Comment