Tuesday, June 13, 2017

My jewelry collection

Please don't go by the name. I don't have a huge collection, or I buy jewelry very often. Rather, I buy very rarely buy junkie, though I love them a lot. Mr. Man always ready to buy me all kind of fashionable dresses, but whenever I go to jewelry section he always makes face. I cannot make him understand that I need right kind of accessories. 

This jewelry holder is made by Mr. Man

Few of the bangle pieces



Anyway, I won't only balm him, I also don't want to spend much money on that. I only buy those jewelries which I cannot make myself.

This is a gift from a dear friend


 I don't buy any bead jewelry, I always make myself.

All my pearl collection


These are all gifts from my dear sister


This is a gift from coworkers on my wedding


My love for jewelries began since I was a little girl, though I never got much thing. Anyway, when I grew up I started buying for myself a lot. When I was working in India, I used to travel by train a long distance to reach my office. In India, hawkers usually sell goods in local trains.

This one I bought from Hawaii, but I never wear it.
Few of the many pieces I made 


This is know as Dokra Art. The pendants and the earrings are made of brass.
It is a very famous art work from West Bengal, the state of India from where I am.


This is terra-cotta jewelry, another famous art work from West Bengal. 

 The jewelry sellers usually sell beautiful and latest jewelry in trains, in ver less prices. I used to buy a little jewelry almost every week. Once I bought 4-5 rings, and put them altogether in my fingers, except the little one. My manager asked me Why I left the little fingers. Actually my fingers are very thin, so, it's difficult to find rings, and for the little fingers it is next to impossible to find ring.


Few of the pieces gifted by my sweet sister-in-laws


My one and only one statement necklace


Little by little I collected a huge about of jewelries, but when I came back to my home town for my wedding, I distributed all my collection among my co-workers. So, I didn't have much in my hand when I came to the USA. Then again little by little I collected. My friends also gifted me many jewelries. When I distributed them to my co-workers I kept few of them. Among those are there even almost 20 years old. Those I'm not going to give to anyone. 

This is another gift from a friend

13 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Enjoy them..all

men just don't get it.:)
I hate saying that..it sounds bad..but it is true..as we don't get some of the things they enjoy..so just do it for you..:)

NanaDiana said...

All just lovely, Krishna. You have some great pieces. I have so much jewelry and rarely wear it. I should work on that, I think! xo Diana

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Krishna, your jewelry is lovely. You own many pieces that are quite unique. I like the beaded pieces you have made. ♥

mamasmercantile said...

You have some beautiful pieces, a delight to see them.

Beauty Unearthly said...

I love the details. Very beautiful.

Prims By The Water said...

A very nice collection indeed..especially those that were gifted to you! Hope you are having a good time on your vacation. Janice

JoJo said...

Nice pieces!! I have a pretty big collection of stuff I've made. Like you, I only buy stuff that I can't make on my own. I got a lot of use out of what I made when I worked but now I rarely wear anything cause I am home most of the time or just out doing errands.

Arunima said...

very nice collections of jewelry Krishna...

handmade by amalia said...

A lovely selection,Krishna. I love the many colors and that you've made some of them yourself.
Amalia
xo

Amelia said...

Hi Krishna, all your jewelry collections are lovely and beautiful.Some of the designs are very unique. Thanks for sharing with us.

Have a great week, regards.
Amelia

handmade by amalia said...

So pretty and colorful.
Amalia
xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. pawn shop on baseline

Ohmydearests said...

A beautiful collection! <3

Post a Comment