Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Eve in Tahoe, 2016

Unlike other years, this year we decided to have a quiet New Year Eve. We wanted a white new year. It was my dream to spend either New year or Christmas amid white snow. So, this year we  booked a cottage, and packed things on 30th and came to Tahoe Vista. 

Morning view from the window of our cottage


Mr. Man told me not to take any headache about cooking, cleaning, taking care of kiddie for this three days. He wanted to give a three days break. That was very nice. Anyway, we had a plan to reach early on 30th, so that kiddie could go and learn ski. However, due to some other stuffs which were to be finished on our way to Tahoe, we lost ample of time. So, we couldn’t make it. I was only interested in taking rest, I didn’t mind about that much.

Yummy breakfast on the house


We reached our cottage around 5 o’clock, when the sun was about to set. Sitting on the cozy sofa-bed facing to the deep blue lake, watching the ripple of yellow golden sun light on the freezing cold water, seemed heavenly to me. 


The lake


I just wanted to sit on the wrought iron sofa bed  on that entire evening. Our quiet New Year celebration had just started. Mr. Man checked the weather, and forecast said about the snowfall on 31st morning. I waited with much excitement, but 31st morning started with soft yellow light from the sun dancing on the blue lake. We hurriedly took my son to the ski resort, as all of us eager for his first lesson of ski. However, when we reached there, all the slots were full. We booked for next day and came back to our cottage. 

Someone is super excited


I totally fell in love with the cottage we booked. When we come to Tahoe again, we will stay in the same cottage. The name of the cottage is Rustic Lodge. It is rustic in true sense. The little cozy cottage gives us the feel of a village home. Though, I’ve never been in a village house, but I feel that the cottage gives me that feeling.
Anyway, after coming from the ski resort we had a warm breakfast at the cottage office with scrambled eggs,  sausages, waffles, of course a cup hot coffee. I came to the cottage with a cup of hot coffee, again sat on the sofa facing towards the lake. 

Quiet time between daddy-sonny


In the afternoon, we decided to take a walk in the neighborhood. Though my son went on many white vacations, but he was not big enough to enjoy the snow. This time he is big enough to enjoy the snow. As soon as we went outside, he started jumping on the pile of snow on roadside. So many times I asked him not to walk on the snow to avoid falling. However, he was too excited to listen. 


We went to the snow covered beach of the lake. We came to Lake Tahoe 5  years back in the month of June. This time the experience is totally different and more thrilling.  Anyway, after taking a short walk on the beach we went on the other side of the border, Nevada.  While coming back we spotted a little cosy gift shop. I wanted to go there, the shop so adorable, I couldn’t resist me buying some cute things. The time was only 4 in the evening, but the wind was telling us to go back to the cottage. The wind was so cold, it was difficult to walk. We came back to the cottage and again I sat down on the sofa with a cup hot tea. 
The cozy day ended with a cup of tea, and finishing a book named “Mile 46”.

Happy New Year!

22 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

Lake Tahoe is such a pretty place, we've been there in the summer and Fall, but never in the Winter. I would have been like your son,, jumping in the snow.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed a little break and a lovely holiday away. The lodge looks like a perfect place to see out the old year and welcome the new. We, too, were low-key last night, and that was just fine with me!

I send many warm wishes for a lovely and happy new year!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

How lovely to spend your time in another season of snow! Lake Tahoe is so lovely. I know you really enjoyed yourself! Happy New Year! ♥

Magic Love Crow said...

What a gorgeous cottage!!! Loved the photos! A very yummy breakfast! Happy New Year!!

Sandi said...

These are lovely photos! The snow surprised me. I don't know why...ha ha...it is winter!

You get to travel a lot! I am really enjoying the photos. :)

krishna said...

Thank you.. :).. happy new year..

krishna said...

It is such a lovely place in winter.. this is also the first time for me in Lake Tahoe in winter..

krishna said...

Thanks a lot dear.. A big hug for you..

Happy new year..

krishna said...

Yes Martha, we are enjoying a lot.. Happy new year.

krishna said...

The cottage is gorgeous indeed... Happy new year..

Pixel Peeper said...

That sounds like a perfect vacation...no worries about ...cooking, cleaning, taking care of kiddie... and a nice rustic cabin on a lake. How old is your son? When kids are not usually around snow, they get so excited when they experience it!

Nancy Chan said...

Such a beautiful white holiday and a few days total break and rest for you. Happy new year!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots from your trip.
Wish you Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Junkchiccottage said...

How Fun Krishna. What a great way to relax and enjoy the holiday. I have never been to Tahoe but here it is so beautiful there. I am glad you found that sweet cottage to relax and enjoy. Happy New Year.
xxoo
Kris

Christine said...

Wow what a fantastic break and wonderful place to enjoy the holidays!
Happy new year to you and your loved ones!

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

Wonderful photos!
Happy New year!
www.recklessdiary.ru

Beena said...

Happy new year dear. Fabulous post

Beauty Unearthly said...

Interesting post my dear, thank you for sharing :-)
Happy New Year! Wish you all the best! xx

Devilish Angel said...

Nice place. Happy New Year...

Gingi said...

OMG, so jealous! I love Tahoe, and miss it SO MUCH!! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

It sounds like a relaxing way to end the year and begin the next. Happy New Year.

Courtney@Golden Boys and Me said...

What a wonderful getaway! I have always wanted to visit Tahoe so I really enjoyed your beautiful pictures. That is my kind of place. Happy New Year!

Post a Comment