Monday, January 23, 2017

Garbanzo bean chicken soup

I have written down many recipes. However, I haven't shared any of them in recent time. So, I think it is the time to share. In December I rented one recipe book from library on chicken recipes. Actually I wanted to cook different recipes on chicken. I know I can get millions of recipes on Internet. However,  when I found the book in library, I just wanted to give a try. This is one of the recipes. I improvised many of the ingredients with whatever was available in my pantry. At the end it turned out good. Here is the one I'm sharing with you.


One cup dry garbanzo beans

One pound boneless, skinless chicken breast

One small onion

Two tsp of garlic powder

Two tsp tomato paste

One tsp dry basil leaves

One tsp. dry oregano

One cup grated parmesan cheese

One tbsp. of oil

Salt and pepper to taste

One cup boiled spaghetti


Soak garbanzo beans for 6 hours, or overnight. I usually soak them overnight, so that, I can cook in the morning.  Pressure cook the beans until soft. It usually takes about fifteen minutes to cook. You can also use canned garbanzo beans. Cut the chicken into small cubes. Finely chop the onion. Heat oil in a deep pan in medium. Add the onion, and sauté for few minutes. Add the chicken and mix well. Let it covering the pan, about ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato pastor, ands garlic powder, mix well. Let it cook another 10 minutes. Then add the cooked beans. Add one-two cups of water. Bring to boil. Let it cook covering the pan in low-medium heat. Meanwhile cook spaghetti according to the instruction on the package. About ten minutes uncover the pan, simmer it. Cook until chicken is tender. Add all the herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Switch off the stove. Add the hot cooked spaghetti. Mix well, and serve hot.


17 comments:

Anthony Field said...

I wish I had a bowl of that soup :)

Nancy Chan said...

I have tasted garbanzo bean soup but I have eaten it boiled or steamed as a snack.

Margaret D said...

Sounds tasty.

Jean Tuthill said...

Your soup looks so good. I will try it. I love soup in the winter and I look for kinds that are different. This one fits the bill. I like your blog and I have become a follower. Have a wonderful day!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

We love chicken soup at our house! Your recipe looks perfect for January chilly days. ♥

Mac n' Janet said...

It looks delicious and I'm always looking for new chicken recipes.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Krishna. Sorry for the delay in visiting back with you. My computer has not been working and a technician had to come and fix it. That soup looks really good, but unfortunately I have never acquired a taste for garbonzo beans. I know everyone thinks I'm nuts, but can't help it. Have a wonderful week..Judy

Gosia said...

interesting recipe thanks for sharing

Beauty Unearthly said...

Great tips and a very helpful post! x

Lee said...

That looks like a good, healthy meal...and very suitable for winter, in particular.

Gingi said...

This looks yummy! Thanks for sharing! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

The Charm of Home said...

Soup is a favorite for this time of year. Yours looks very good! Thanks for stopping by!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

En ce moment le froid bien ancré, il est bon de déguster les soupes. Cette dernière me semble savoureuse et je vous remercie pour la recette.

Gros bisous 🌸

JoJo said...

That looks and sounds yummy! I love chick peas!

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

Your chicken soup sounds very good…I like your version.

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

Wonderful recipe! Looks delicious!
www.recklessdiary.ru

LianaLaurie said...

Great recipe, thanks for sharing! I'll try it out.
Hugs <3

Post a Comment