Monday, January 16, 2017

Eating out in Wente Vineyard

It was  our Anniversary Day. Mr. Man had been asking what I want from him. In fact I didn’t want anything. I have enough of everything. So, why to buy? When he didn’t get any satisfactory answer he declared that, I must not cook anything, and we would go for lunch. He kept secret where we about to go. 


In morning I was not in the mood to go, as it was drizzling since previous night. As many times I asked him, he never gave me any name of the restaurant. Anyway, we started from home in the rain. The gloomy sky was  telling me to go back home and to snuggle under blanket. Anyway, our car left our town, the familiar hustles, then went through a quiet posh neighborhood, then we came in the middle of vast open land with green mountains everywhere. 


No, the mountains were not green by trees, but green by grass, due to rain. Anyway, on the gloomy day the green vast deserted mountains were looking marvelous. Mr. Man was driving, and driving, I didn’t know where he was heading to. Only I could understand he was going to one of the wineries in Livermore. We had never been there before. We visited many wineries in Napa and Sonoma. Anyway, we reached the Wente Vineyard. First thing I told Mr. Man that I wouldn’t drink any wine. He shushed me and asked me to follow. I must say that was great view. In the cold of November I didn’t want to stay outside, but it was really lovely to walk around the vineyard. 


Crispy Duck Wings


Ahi Tuna
Garden Chicken Salad
Pork Chops


That family owned vineyard was built more than a century ago. The vast hilly land was covered by all grape vines, looking like a bright green blanket from distance. 
Mr. Man already decided what to have, so we didn’t spend much time on the menu. Ahi Tuna, and Crispy Duck Wings were very famous of the restaurant. We ordered both. That was the first time in my life I love duck meat. I had duck at many restaurants, but never liked any of the dish. However, in Wente it was different. For main course Mr. Man ate Pork Chops, but I went for Garden Chicken Salad. That was really heavenly. The ambience inside was a mix of modern and vintage. As we went after Thanksgiving, they already decked up for the Holidays made the inside more homely. May be in future we will go back again there to try different dishes. 


17 comments:

Gosia said...

pork chops looks yummy

JoJo said...

It sounds great! I didn't even know there was a winery in Livermore. I'll have to look them up!

LianaLaurie said...

Wow, the food looks amazing! Happy Anniversary! I wish you many many happy years together!

mamasmercantile said...

Happy anniversary, what a lovely way to celebrate. The food looks delicious.

Beauty Unearthly said...

Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

How nice of your husband to surprise you with a lovely drive to a wonderful spot! Happy Anniversary! ♥

Donna Heber said...

Happy Anniversary!!! It looks like you had a delicious lunch. Wishing you all the best ...

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Oh how lovely - sounds like a place I would just adore! I'm such a foodie, can't get enough of a good restaurant like that!

Mac n' Janet said...

The food looks so delicious. I can remember visiting that winery when we visited family in California.

Annie's Journal said...

What a special treat that is Krishna:) Every dishes were presented elegantly! Your husband is so kind and caring...belated anniversary greetings to you both:) Wishing you many happy celebrations to come!

Gina said...

What a wonderful surprise! The food looks amazing! Happy Anniversary!

Nancy Chan said...

Happy anniversary! The food looks delicious. A great place to visit.

Pixel Peeper said...

Happy anniversary! The food looks excellent. How nice of your husband to surprise you like that.

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy Anniversary! The place looks amazing and so does the food!

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

Wow! The food looks really delicious!
www.recklessdiary.ru

Margaret D said...

Happy Anniversary.
The food looks very appertizing.

Katarina Stamenkovic said...

Love the pics!

Would you like us to follow each other?Let me know on my blog
xoxo

http://badassvampire.blogspot.rs/

Post a Comment