Saturday, October 1, 2016

Egg curry

I’m very bad in cooking egg curry. Past 10 years I’m cooking regularly, still I yet to master the art of cooking egg curry. I cannot satisfy Mr. Man with my egg curry, who is a man very much choosy about food. If he tells some dish is tasty, means that dish is real tasty. Anyway, I tried many types of egg curry, but the simple curry with onion and tomato never turns out that much delicious. So, the other day, I decided to cook in a different way. It was not anything exceptional, may be may people cook in that way.However, I never cooked in that way. For the first time I tried, and it turned out good. Now onwards I will cook in that way. 



Here is my recipe:
Four hard boiled egg
One medium sized tomato
One medium sized onion
One tsp ginger paste
Half tsp. garlic paste
One tsp. cumin powder
Half tsp. coriander powder
Half  tsp. whole cumin
Half tsp. of nigella seeds
Two tbsp. of oil
Salt to taste
A pinch of turmeric
Two slitted green chili 
Cut the onion and tomato into chunks. Make paste of onion and tomato separately. Cut slits on the eggs. Marinate them with salt and turmeric for about fifteen minutes. In a heavy bottomed wok heat oil in medium. Shallow fry the eggs and keep them aside. In the same oil, add nigella seeds. When seed start splutter add ginger paste. Lightly stir it, and add onion paste. Mix well, cover the wok and let it cook for few minutes. Then add garlic paste, and tomato paste. Mix well, cover the wok and let it cook stirring occasionally. If it starts sticking at the bottom, carefully scrape it, add one-two tbsp. of water and let it cook. When oil starts oozing out, add cumin and coriander pawder. Mix it well. Add the eggs, mix well so the that the spices can smear well on all the eggs. Cover the wok, and let it cook few minutes. Then add one and half water, salt, turmeric powder and two slitted green chili, bring it into boil. Let it cook until the desired consistency of gravy reaches. 


18 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

I've never tried an egg curry. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Amalia
xo

Beena said...

Egg curry looks very delicious

JoJo said...

Did Mr. Man like this one?

krishna said...

ha ha ha.. yes he liked indeed.. :)

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Very interesting, Krishna. I've never tried an egg curry. ♥

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

That sounds yummy! I love curry! Thanks for following me! I followed you back :)

Red Rose Alley said...

This dish looks good. I've never tried curry before. I noticed that you are a homemaker, how wonderful. I was a homemaker for many years, although my kids are grown now. Thank you for the comment today and for visiting.

~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

chateau chic said...

This looks great!
Mary Alice

Stephanie said...

Hi Krishna! I wanted to thank you for following my blog. I have followed yours as well and I look forward to visiting again.

Hugs!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the meal looks delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Have a happy new week ahead!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I'm your newest follower, number 89. Will be looking at back recipes as this one looks yummy.

Junkchiccottage said...

Looks Yummy. Thanks for coming by my blog and introducing me to yours. I am following you now. Have a great week ahead.
Hugs,
Kris

magnoliasntea said...

I love cooking for my husband, too, and always trying to do better. I wish you much success!

Hindustanka said...

Lovely recipe... We do cook egg curry, I actually learned after I moved to India. It is a great and fast to cook dish, isn't it?:))
Have a happy day!

Nancy Chan said...

Egg curry looks delicious. Now Mr Man enjoys your egg curry!

Beauty Editer said...

I so love it! Thanks for sharing.

** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


BEAUTYEDITER.COM

Luciana F. Damiano said...

Hello,
Thank you for your visit.
Your blog is very beautiful, congratulations.
Hugs

Beauty Unearthly said...

Really interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

Post a Comment