Thursday, July 24, 2014

Basil chicken

Few days back I cooked like crazy. Sometime I do that. I cooked five or six curries together. Actually , I didn’t want to worry  for food for at least 3 days. However, that day I experimented with the spices. I put the spices in the curries like a mad. I didn’t even think whether the food will taste good or not. 


But the things came out very nice. Here I’m giving the recipe of basil chicken. This is very, very easy recipe. Actually I cooked it for my son. The curry doesn't contain any hot spices. On the top of that the chicken curry is full of vegetables. I add vegetables, like carrot, corn, sweet peas, capsicum in chicken curry. Moreover using basil in the curry has a reason behind. On Sunday, our sweet neighbor came our home, and gave me a big bunch of carrot and a big bunch of basil leaves. I kept them on the kitchen table and within a minute  the sweet aroma of fresh basil leaves filled up the air inside our home.

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 lb. Boneless chicken 
2-3 small carrots
1/2 cup peas (frozen)
1 green capsicum
1 tbsp ginger paste
3 twigs of basil leaves
1 tbsp of oil
1 small onion
2 pods of gloves
Salt to taste
Method:
Cut the chicken into small cubes. Marinate the chicken pieces with one tbsp. of ginger paste and salt. Meanwhile peel and cut the carrots into very small cubes. Deseed and cut the capsicum into small square. Very finely chop the onion and the pods of garlic. Heat the oil in wok, and add the chopped garlic. Just stir the garlic , and add the chopped onion. Otherwise garlic will get burned. Stir the onion, and add carrots. Cover the wok, and let the vegetable cook. When the onion and carrot become little tender add the chicken. Cover the wok and let the curry cook. Water will ooze out from the chicken , so no need to add water at this stage. Add capsicum and sweet peas , and cover the wok. Stir occasionally, and always keep heat medium. If water is needed, add little by little (half cup one at a time). After some time check the chicken. If the pieces are sufficient tender, then add the chopped basil leaves. Cover for few minutes, and then switch off the gas. Server hot with rice.



3 comments:

Rajesh said...

Wow! I would love to have it.

Leslie said...

This looks delicious! You're a great cook!
Blessings,
Leslie

krishna said...

thanks dear!!

Post a Comment