Monday, November 12, 2012

Diwali - The festival of lights


I’m so busy during this diwali that I can’t even think of making any sweets. This Dussera I didn’t make any sweets. So, today morning I decided to make some sweets by any means. In the morning I thought of making 4-5 kind of sweets. However, I was so busy that I ended up by making only three types.

When I have sat down to write this, one very funny incident came in my mind. It was long, long back. I was probably three years old, at that time.  My father bought some fire cracker to celebrate diwali. I was pretty excited since morning. I insisted my mother to allow me to burst some cracker in the morning. Somehow, she resisted me. As soon as it became dark I started jumping out of joy. That was the first time in my life I was going to burst crackers. Actually I had no idea about that. Everything was arranged in the verandah, and my father asked me to join him. I jumped and went to his side. He bursted one cracker, and that scared me so much that I ran from there to hide behind a door. Nobody at home made me to come out of there. I waited there until all the crackers were bursted. Then I came out from behind the door. Till date my mother tells me this whenever she get chance.  

In my life I bursted fire cracker only 2-3 time. As an environment concerned person, my father doesn't like to burst crackers. He always discouraged us to do that. In my childhood I used to feel very sad during Diwali. However, at this age I only love only to put candles.  

A very very happy and safe Diwali to all of my blogger friends.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Hi Krishna, Happy Diwali to you and family. Hope you have a great time.

Delicious Sweet! Yum yum

Have a great week ahead,regards.

Daksha said...

Hi krishna ,Belated happy diwali to u too. sweet looks mouthwatering!!

Post a Comment