Friday, June 10, 2011

Chili Mushroom

Today morning I didn’t have much vegetable to cook. I knew in the beginning of the week that I was going to run out of vegetable in the weekend. Still I didn’t go to market last weekend to buy some vegetable for the rest of the week. Moreover I didn’t have any onion and tomato. I was scratching my head to find something to cook. I had some mushrooms in the refrigerator. But I didn’t know without onion and tomato how I could cook mushroom. Then I thought to give an opportunity to my imagination. In normal course I boiled the sliced mushroom first. Then I was thinking what could be the next step to cook. Without thinking first I fried some cubed potatoes then put some ginger-garlic paste and added the mushroom. Then I thought, “Let make it chili-mushroom.”  I found a half of a capsicum in my refrigerator.  I sliced it that and added to the curry. Then I put soy sauce it that. After the cooking was done I myself was hesitating to taste the curry. But I found the taste was good.  I became delighted and made up mind to share the recipe with my friends.Now here is the recipe.


Ingredients:


Mushrooms:  10-12

Capsicum:  1(Medium Size)

Potato:  1 (medium size) or 2 (small size)

Ginger-Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp

Soy sauce : 2 tbsps

Oil:  1tbsp

Serving Size: 4

Method:


Slice the mushrooms and boil until become tender. Heat the oil in a pan. Cut the potato (es) in cube shape and fry until become slightly golden. Add ginger-garlic paste to it. Fry for 1-2 minutes. Then add the sliced capsicum and boiled mushroom slices. Fry for few more minutes. Then add soy sauce and fry again. Add 1 cup water and bring it to boil. Serve hot with roti or rice.


1 comment:

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

thanks for this recipe Krishna. the chili mushroom looks delicious. keep it coming girl.

Post a Comment