Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baked vegetable chops


I found a very good recipe of baked vegetable chop from one of my friend’s blog. Inspired by that one day I tried to make the same. But at the time of the preparation I couldn’t find the recipe in her blog. I couldn’t make properly and I was too disappointed with the end product. Though my husband said that the taste was good but I was not satisfied with his comment. I was pondering over what was missing in my preparation. Unable to find what was lacking in my preparation, my friend sent me her recipe on my request. 

Then one evening with great energy I decided to prepare baked vegetable chops. However I landed up in front of the empty refrigerator. I was so enthusiastic that time I decided to prepare in my own way based on her recipe with potatoes only. (Actually only potatoes were available in my kitchen) J  This time I was pretty satisfied after the preparation. My reward was my husband’s satisfied smile on the very first bite of the chops. I like to share my recipe with everybody.


Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

Soy granules: 2-4 tbsp. (if granules are not available, soy nuggets can be used

Medium sized potato: 2

Cumin powder: 1 tbsp. Coriander powder: 1tbsp. Garam masala: 1 tbsp. Chili Powder: ¼ tsp. (more chili powder can be used to make more hot) Chopped coriander leave: 2 tbsps. Breadcrumbs or biscuit granules (I use biscuit granules) Salt to taste Oil Yogurt: 2tbsps. Dijon Mustard sauce: 1tsp. Salt and sugar to taste

For sauce:

Mayonnaise: 2tbsps.

Method:

 Boil soy granules (or nuggets) with water to make them soft. Squeeze out all the water. If soy nuggets are used, cut the nuggets into very small piece. Cut the potatoes in to halves and boil them. Peel and smash potatoes, soy granules and mix well with other ingredients except the breadcrumbs or biscuit granules. Take small amount of the mixture, first give a ball shape and the flatten it. Oil the baking tray. Coat the chops with breadcrumbs or biscuit granules and place them in the tray.

Preheat the oven at 350F. Put the tray in the oven for 15 minutes. Then flip the chops and again put in the over still golden brown. 

The Sauce: Whip all the ingredients to make the sauce.

Serve hot with the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment