Thursday, August 28, 2014

Scrambled tofu

One I was talking with one of friends. Just in the course of conversation we talked about tofu. I rarely cook tofu, because I know only one recipe of tofu, and that is very elaborate. Few days back I bought a packet of tofu, and I had been delaying to cook that. My good friend gave me very easy yet tasty recipe of tofu. She told that day, and next day I cooked the same. The curry was awesome with roti.Ingredients:1 cup chopped vegetable (I used store bought frozen vegetables)1 small onion, finely chopped1/2 of firm tofu chunk1/2 tsp cumin powder1/2 coriander powder1/2 tsp garam mashala powder (You can get at any Indian grocery store.)salt to taste1 tbsp oil


Method: Heat one tbsp. of oil in medium heat in a wok. Add the chopped onion. Fry the onion for few minutes covering the wok. After few minutes add the chopped vegetable, give a stir, and cover the wok. Let cook the curry for some times, until the vegetables are tender. Stir the curry occasionally. Chop the tofu into small cubes. Add salt, garam mashala powder, cumin powder , and coriander powder. Give a good stir, and let it cook. After sometime if the vegetables are not still tender, add one cup of water and bring it into boil, covering the work. Then add the tofu cube , and cook under medium heat until the curry becomes dry. Serve hot with roti.



1 comment: