Thursday, August 22, 2013

4th July parade

4th July is the USA’s Independence Day. This day is celebrated with parade, fireworks, and of course parties. This year neither had I planned to host any party, nor was I going to watch those spectacular fireworks. There are some reasons behind my decisions. First of all, unfortunately this year 4th July was in the middle of the week. So, there was no question of taking rest on the next morning after parties. It would be quite hectic coming back from the fireworks too. I had a terrible experience last to last year when we went to watch fireworks at Shoreline drive.  It took 2 hours to came back home when it takes only half an hour to reach home normally. 
This time I didn’t want to take the risk, as I had to wake at 5:30 the next morning. So, spending a quiet 4th July at home would be wise. Suddenly on the previous day HE told to wake up at 6:30 in the morning on 4th July. I asked him what on earth he wanted to do waking up early in the morning on a holiday. He suggested going to 4th July parade. 
The idea sounded good. After all we have never watched a parade like this. Though we couldn’t wake at 6:30 in the morning on 4th July; we weren’t late for the parade. We hurriedly finished out breakfast and headed towards Danville. When we reached people already started thronging there. Most of them came well equipped with umbrellas and chairs. 
HE started walking, without stopping. At last I pulled the rope. I asked him to sit somewhere near, otherwise we would face problem while going back home. Anyway, we found a suitable place to sit on the boulevard. At 11:00 in the morning the parade started with the police, military, and Vietnam War veteran. I couldn’t say it was a dazzling extravaganza, but it was really fun to watch. We could watch a military helicopter, which came very close to the ground only for the spectators. We could watch many things, which may not be ever possible to see, though they are very trivial thing, but it was really interesting ones, like a vintage paramedics and a vintage police car. We really saw some beautiful cars with different sizes and shapes. We left the parade, when it was about to end to avoid the traffic. After coming back home we again had to cook our lunch. We finished the lunch with very simple Indian meal. Actually my plan was to make something especial for the dinner. 

Since past few days I was thinking about the 4th July dinner. I had been tossing different dinner ideas before I decided to bake pizza and Chai-Masala cake. Thanks to fellow my bloggers “Color and spice” and “Scratching Canvas” to providing wonderful recipes of pizza and cake respectively. Both of the dishes turned out awesome. I myself almost finished the cake in next few days. Having dinner with homemade pizza and cake while watching movie, made a wonderful ending to the 4th July. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the comment you left at my blog! I loved scrolling through your pics and seeing how you celebrated the 4tg! Looks like it was a beautiful day, and that pizza looks delish!!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete