Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Vegetable fritter




While coming back from class last Sunday afternoon I was feeling hungry. As usual my hubby dear suggested having something outside, but I was not in the mood to have any kind of burger or hotdog. Anyway, after coming home I had not much energy to cook with minimum effort. First I thought of making onion fritter, but I didn’t want to do that. I wanted add something extra on that. So, I experimented with cabbage and carrot instead of using only onion. Thanks to my mixer machine , within no time I could finely grate cabbage and carrot. The fritters turned out to very good.
Here is the recipe:
One cup grated carrot
One cup grated cabbage
One medium onion (optional, if you want to make the fritter purely veg, then don’t use onion)
One tsp. ginger paste
Two green chili
Salt to taste
Enough besan (black chickpeas powder) to make a very thick batter
Oil for deep frying

Method:
Grate carrot and cabbage using a grater. If you are using onion, then finely chop the onion. Take a big bowl and all the ingredients except besan and oil. Add besan little by little using a tablespoon until a thick batter is formed. Do not use water. Then you have to more besan, and which will decrease the taste. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed wok. Take one scoop size of the batter, and deep fry it. You can fry 4-5 one at a time, according to the size of the wok. Some reduce the heat during frying , to stop burning the fritters. Serve hot with tea.  

2 comments: