Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My needle works

Doing embroidery is my all time favorite craft. Since my childhood I do it. My father used to scold me before, because of "wasting time". He always wanted to see me at the study table. Anyway, still he scolds me , because it is harmful to my eyes. Currently I do embroidery not so often, but I do. It is really not possible for me to stop doing that.
This one I made after my final examination of grade 10. I had three long months in my hand before starting of the class of next grade.
This one I did most probably after my final exam of grade 12. My father bought a packet of sweet from a well-known Indian sweet company. The cover of the box  had this beautiful picture of the flower basket. I drew the picture on a fabric and stitched.
This one I made just after coming to the USA. I knew that here I would have ample of time in my hand. So I brought all threads and fabric with me. This is not the finished one. After finishing I didn't take any snap. I gifted it to one of friends.
After finishing some pillow covers I had some unused fabrics. With that I made two wall decors and gifted to my mother.
Koi fish
The famous Kantha stitch
This is actually a part of a crazy quilt.

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Krishna!
    You are so talented! I liked the parts of a crazy quilt.. do you have this project finished now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot dear...yes dear i've finished.. i'll give the photo :)

      Delete
  2. Oshadarun needle work Krishna...now you are inspiring me to do it and the problem is I don't know where to start :-))..ami basic sewing korte pari..eto minute work korbaar jonne bodhaye amar patience and talent neyi..khub bhalo laglo sab work dekhe...keep it going ..hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete