Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mixed fruit vegan muffin


The other day sonny boy suddenly demanded a cake. I had no cake in my fridge. So, I had to bake. I didn’t feel like searching any recipe from book or Net. Only I knew that I had finish rest of the grapes which were left in the basket. So, I incorporate them in the cake. I just put the ingredients whatever came in my mind. I used one orange because of the flavor. This is the first time I got such a nice flavor from the orange zest. Thanks to the previous owner of my house who planted that very orange tree. Anyway, the muffins turned out very good.



Here is the recipe

Ingredients:
One cup grapes
One large orange
One and a half cup brown sugar
Three tbsp. flax seed powder + 12 tbsp. water (1:4 ratio)
Pinch of salt
Two cups all purpose flower
One and half tsp. baking powder
One tsp. baking soda
One cup vegetable oil
Method:
First grate the whole orange to make the orange zest. Cut the orange into 4 pieces. In a grinder put the orange pieces, grapes, salt, and half cup of brown sugar to make a fine paste. In mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Then add rest of the ingredients and the paste, and make a fine batter. Pre heat the oven at 350 F. Divide the batter into the cupcake pan (approx. 2 tbsp. in each). Bake for 20-25 minutes in the middle of the oven. Yield 12 muffins.

8 comments:

  1. VERY HEALTHY N TEMPTING MUFFINS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and moist muffins.loved the orange flavour.will surely try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yumm! Thanks for the recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krishna, your muffin look delicious. Love the combination of grapes and orange. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy n delicious muffins!thanks 4 sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm...yum yum yum :) Truly tasty :)Please pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always looking for vegan recipes. Thanks for lovely comment on my blog...following you.

    ReplyDelete