Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Apple-bread pudding


When you have lots of apple in the fruit bowl on your dinning table and do not want to have those “healthy “apple, what you will do? Do you want to indulge yourself with something sweet? Then go for apple pudding, what actually I did. I had more than a dozen of apples in the fruit basket. I wanted to indulge myself with some sweets using those apples. I already made apple cake, so I didn’t want to bake the same. Suddenly I decided to make apple pudding. I didn’t search for any recipe. I was tossing one recipe in my mind. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:

Two bread-slices

Tow large red apples

Three tbsp. butter (I used margarine)

One tbsp. brown sugar

One egg

One and half cup whole milk

One tbsp. all purpose flour

Sugar according to the sweetness of the apples ( I used ½ sugar)

Pinch of salt

Pinch of cinnamon powder

Half tsp. of vanilla extract

 

Method:

Cut the apples into cubes. Heat one tbsp. of butter in a saucepan and add the brown sugar into it. Lat the sugar caramelized. Pour the caramelized butter into a baking tray (11”/4”). Cut the sides of the bread-slices and pushed down on bottom of the baking tray. Meanwhile whip egg and vanilla extract in a bowl and keep aside. In the same sauce-pan add the apple slices, two tbsp. of sugar, a pinch of salt and stir for few minutes. When juice starts oozing out take out the apple slices and add over the breads. In the rest of the juice add two tbsp. of butter, and the flour. Stir the flour until the raw smell of flour disappeared. Add the milk and stir continuously (otherwise lump will be created). When the milk starts thickening add the egg-vanilla mixture and stir continuously until it reaches desired consistency. Pour the mixture over the apple slices. Preheat the oven at 350 degree F. Bake for thirty minutes. Check, if the pudding becomes thick enough, switch off the oven. Otherwise, bake for another ten minutes. Then, switch off the oven, and keep the pudding inside the oven for another ten minutes or until the oven cools down. The pudding is ready, serve cold.

1 comment:

  1. sound simple and yummy...perfect for me to give it a try..:)

    ReplyDelete