Sunday, March 10, 2013

Stuffed mushroom


I bought a big packet of button mushroom from Costco. I didn’t find time to cook. Few days later when I take out the packet from refrigerator I found that some of them were already spoiled. So, I had to cook all of them. I thought of cooking something else apart from routine mushroom-potato curry. I decided to cook mushroom soup with some of them (I’ll put the recipe later). There were some big ones. Suddenly I remembered about stuffed mushroom I had at BJs. I wanted to cook that. However, I had no idea what recipe they used. So, I cooked that with my own recipe. Taste was not bad!!!



7-8 big button mushrooms

2 cups chopped spinach
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp of oil
1 tsp of oil to grease the baking sheet
Tomato sauce
Grated cheese (I used cheddar cheese)
Salt to taste
For stuffing
Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a heavy bottom wok. Fry spinach, onion, and garlic together until the mixture becomes dry. Add salt into it. Let the stuffing to cool down.



Meanwhile remove the stems of the mushrooms and rub salt on them. Keep them aside. Preheat the oven at 350 degree F. Put one tsp. of the stuffing in each of them. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Place all the mushroom on it. Ad few drops of tomato sauce on each of them. Sprinkle cheese on the top. Spray a little oil from the top and put the tray in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The stuffed mushrooms are ready. 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Krishna, your stuff mushroom look delicious. Great appetizer.

    Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete