Thursday, March 7, 2013

Potato soup


Few days back I had potato soup at IHOP. I don’t know what recipe they used. I created something from my own idea. The taste was almost same. I mainly cooked for my son, who is a very picky eater. I was very happy when he finished a bowl of this soup.

1 medium sized potato
1 cup ground chicken (I used ground turkey)
1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
½ tsp. finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp. butter
½ cup shredded cheese ( I used cheddar cheese. You can use cheddar or mozzarella cheese)
1 ½ tsp. all purpose flour
1 cup milk ( I used whole milk)
2-3 florets of broccoli
salt to taste
a pinch of black pepper powder (optional)

 

Method:

Cut the potato into small cube. Heat the butter in a heavy bottom wok, add potato, onion, and garlic.fry until potato cubes turn slightly golden. Add the ground chicken into it. Fry until the mixture becomes dry. Add salt and pepper. Add flour and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Then add water into it and bring it to boil. When the mixture starts thickening add milk. Boil for few minutes. Add cheese and boil until the soup becomes little thick. Do not over boil. The soup will be very thick. Meanwhile boil broccoli in salt water until just tender. Add the broccoli florets in the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment