Sunday, October 28, 2012

Creamy broccoli

I had a big bag of broccoli florets in my refrigerator. However, at home nobody was interested to have broccoli. So, I wanted to cook something interesting with broccoli. Few days back I read a recipe with broccoli, but I couldn’t remember the actual recipe. I decided, to cook something from my mind. The result was yummy.
Ingredients:
Handful of broccoli florets (I took almost 3 cups of florets, but after cooking it reduced to 1 cup)
One egg
One small onion
One tbsp and one tsp of all-purpose flower
One tsp sugar
Pinch of black pepper powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp of oil
One cup cheese (I used cheddar cheese)
One tsp mustard sauce
One tsp sour cream
¾ th cup milk
Method:
In a heavy bottomed wok heat one tbsp. of oil. Add the broccoli floret in it. Add salt and cover the wok and keep it in medium heat. Stir occasionally. Cook the florets until they become tender. Meanwhile in a bowl mix one egg, one tbsp. of flour, sugar, pepper powder, and salt to make a fine batter. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degree. Grease an oven proof bowl, and pour the floret in it. On the top of it pour the batter. Then sprinkle cheese over it. Bake for half an hour.
For sauce:
Finely chop the onion. Heat one tbsp. of oil in a pan, fry onion until brown with little salt. Add one tsp. of flour. Fry until everything are well combined. Finely mix crème and milk in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the pan. Add mustard sauce into it, stirring constantly as it thickens. Add more milk depending on desired consistency.
Serving style:
Take out the broccoli on a plate and pour the sauce over it. Serve hot. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Krishna, your creamy broccoli look delicious. Something new to me as I have not try this but it sure look interesting.

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete